MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Advanced Sidebox 2.1.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wow . . . that is totally wrong.

Did you upgrade from an older version? It is supposed to be a list of your themes that you can select from. Dodgy

Sorry for the problems. If it isn't too much trouble, could you try uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin?
This is the first time I've used the plugin, so I didn't update. I have already tried reinstalling, even redownloading (from both the myBB website and github).

But while I was going back through it I noticed another piece to the puzzle that my eyes missed before. Just above that settings window (and only that window as far as I can tell) this error code appears: "Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /<URL to admin directory>/modules/config/settings.php(1119) : eval()'d code on line 2 "

I tried redownloading MyBB 1.6.9 (I run the latest version) and reuploading the original settings.php in admin/modules/config, to no avail.

In-case it helps, here is the code in the immediate vicinity of line 1119 in that settings.php:

$languages = $lang->get_languages(1);
				$setting_code = $form->generate_select_box($element_name, $languages, $setting['value'], array('id' => $element_id));
			}
			else if($type[0] == "passwordbox")
			{
				$setting_code = $form->generate_password_box($element_name, $setting['value'], array('id' => $element_id));
			}
			else if($type[0] == "php")
			{
				$setting['optionscode'] = substr($setting['optionscode'], 3);
				eval("\$setting_code = \"".$setting['optionscode']."\";");
			}
			else
			{
				for($i=0; $i < count($type); $i++)
				{
					$optionsexp = explode("=", $type[$i]);
					if(!$optionsexp[1])
					{
						continue;
					}

Oh, and thank you for the information Destroy666. I edited the class name in the file you mentioned directly and it works as I wanted it to.
I am so sorry you are having problems and thank you so much for such a detailed report. I will try to have a look at things ASAP.

EDIT: Can you list the names of your themes? (I am thinking maybe there is an illegal character in one of them)
Doh! Your suspicion was right. One of my themes had quotation marks in it. Once I removed them and hit the update link it worked just fine. Thank you very much for your help, I appreciate how supportive you are in helping your users through odd situations like this!
Big Grin I am just glad we figured it out.

Euan, Omar . . . what do I do? I tried using $db->escape_string on the theme names but it still breaks the theme selector if there are any double quotes in the name of the theme :s
You should use htmlentities()
Thanks Smile

btw nice plugin you have made hyperPortal Smile Looks really cool Cool
Thank you. I hope it will be useful
how to setup latest thread just like yours ?

[Image: ss_index_both_zps77261095.gif]
Hi gamemaster,

I'm not sure I know what you mean. The latest threads side box is not even in that screen shot. :s

Please help me to understand what you are asking and I will try to help

Cheers Smile