MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Advanced Sidebox 2.1.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i think no one make best plugin so far, i jus canot wait new option and new release
(2013-01-21, 07:32 PM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]Also (to Avril more than anyone) I am doing another big update to implement a more object-oriented approach to side boxes. The plan is to try to add specific user permissions to each and every sidebox created.

I am also considering eliminating ACP settings for individual modules in favor of using a custom settings window for each sidebox so that admin won't be limited to one set of preferences for each box type and we won't have so many settings piling up in the ACP settings page.

Any thoughts are welcome.

If you mean (sorry if not, my English is not perfect) moving settings like 'Avatar settings for Who's Online and Staff Online modules' to each module, I think it would be great.

For example if someone creates custom module and wants to add setting like 'Which usergroups are affected' or 'Which forums should be skipped', they could be added under 'Edit' or 'Settings' in Options->Manage modules

And 1 suggestion more - make the sideboxes in forumdisplay and showthread starting at same line as table, not pagination.
(2013-01-21, 11:19 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]If you mean (sorry if not, my English is not perfect) moving settings like 'Avatar settings for Who's Online and Staff Online modules' to each module, I think it would be great.

For example if someone creates custom module and wants to add setting like 'Which usergroups are affected' or 'Which forums should be skipped', they could be added under 'Edit' or 'Settings' in Options->Manage modules

I was thinking of adding the permission settings (usergroup(s), theme(s), script(s), etc) along with the other option in the Add/Edit Box page and also allow the module to create specialized settings of its own (like for WOL and Staff OL settings for avatar size, for latest threads a setting for max threads displayed, etc.) so that when admin creates a box it can be created uniquely in various 'reincarnations' of the same box type.

If that makes no sense then I will just say it this way: I would like each side box to be completely independent in properties and settings.

(2013-01-21, 11:19 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]And 1 suggestion more - make the sideboxes in forumdisplay and showthread starting at same line as table, not pagination.

Trust me this is one thing I hate about this plugin but haven't been able to solve. Avril is a wizard with HTML perhaps she has a suggestion but I have tried and tried and as of yet have not been able to solve that problem without creating another, worse problem :s
As I see you're doing it in forumdisplay template but I think it would be better to add it in forumdisplay_threadlist. Like this:
<table width="100%">
<tr>
<td width="20%" align="center">
lorem
</td>
<td width="50%">
<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder" style="clear: both;">
	<tr>
		<td class="thead" colspan="{$colspan}">
			<div style="float: right;">
				<span class="smalltext"><strong><a href="misc.php?action=markread&amp;fid={$fid}{$post_code_string}">{$lang->markforum_read}</a> | <a href="usercp2.php?action={$add_remove_subscription}subscription&amp;type=forum&amp;fid={$fid}&amp;my_post_key={$mybb->post_code}">{$add_remove_subscription_text}</a>{$clearstoredpass}</strong></span>
			</div>
			<div>
				<strong>{$foruminfo['name']}</strong>
			</div>
		</td>
	</tr>
	<tr>
		<td class="tcat" colspan="3" width="66%"><span class="smalltext"><strong><a href="{$sorturl}&amp;sortby=subject&amp;order=asc">{$lang->thread}</a> {$orderarrow['subject']} / <a href="{$sorturl}&amp;sortby=starter&amp;order=asc">{$lang->author}</a> {$orderarrow['starter']}</strong></span></td>
		<td class="tcat" align="center" width="7%"><span class="smalltext"><strong><a href="{$sorturl}&amp;sortby=replies&amp;order=desc">{$lang->replies}</a> {$orderarrow['replies']}</strong></span></td>
		<td class="tcat" align="center" width="7%"><span class="smalltext"><strong><a href="{$sorturl}&amp;sortby=views&amp;order=desc">{$lang->views}</a> {$orderarrow['views']}</strong></span></td>
		{$ratingcol}
		<td class="tcat" align="right" width="20%"><span class="smalltext"><strong><a href="{$sorturl}&amp;sortby=lastpost&amp;order=desc">{$lang->lastpost}</a> {$orderarrow['lastpost']}</strong></span></td>
		{$inlinemodcol}
	</tr>
	{$selectall}
	{$announcementlist}
	{$threads}
	<tr>
		<td class="tfoot" align="right" colspan="{$colspan}">
			<form action="forumdisplay.php" method="get">
				<input type="hidden" name="selectall" value="{$allselected}" />
				<input type="hidden" name="fid" value="{$fid}" />
				<select name="sortby">
					<option value="subject" {$sortsel['subject']}>{$lang->sort_by_subject}</option>
					<option value="lastpost" {$sortsel['lastpost']}>{$lang->sort_by_lastpost}</option>
					<option value="starter" {$sortsel['starter']}>{$lang->sort_by_starter}</option>
					<option value="started" {$sortsel['started']}>{$lang->sort_by_started}</option>
					{$ratingsort}
					<option value="replies" {$sortsel['replies']}>{$lang->sort_by_replies}</option>
					<option value="views" {$sortsel['views']}>{$lang->sort_by_views}</option>
				</select>
				<select name="order">
					<option value="asc" {$ordersel['asc']}>{$lang->sort_order_asc}</option>
					<option value="desc" {$ordersel['desc']}>{$lang->sort_order_desc}</option>
				</select>
				<select name="datecut">
					<option value="1" {$datecutsel['1']}>{$lang->datelimit_1day}</option>
					<option value="5" {$datecutsel['5']}>{$lang->datelimit_5days}</option>
					<option value="10" {$datecutsel['10']}>{$lang->datelimit_10days}</option>
					<option value="20" {$datecutsel['20']}>{$lang->datelimit_20days}</option>
					<option value="50" {$datecutsel['50']}>{$lang->datelimit_50days}</option>
					<option value="75" {$datecutsel['75']}>{$lang->datelimit_75days}</option>
					<option value="100" {$datecutsel['100']}>{$lang->datelimit_100days}</option>
					<option value="365" {$datecutsel['365']}>{$lang->datelimit_lastyear}</option>
					<option value="9999" {$datecutsel['9999']}>{$lang->datelimit_beginning}</option>
				</select>
				{$gobutton}
			</form>
		</td>
	</tr>
</table>
</td>
<td width="20%" align="center">
ipsum
</td>
</table>
[Image: exxw.jpg]

Could be also done with 3 divs aligned to eachother as some people say it's better but I don't really see a reason to do that.

Similat trick for showthread, just do it above
<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder" style="clear: both; border-bottom-width: 0;">

Another question - the HTML created by this plugin isn't inserted into templates, right? Is there a reason for that?
and one more time can you consider option to add sidebox in post/specific post

tid=337&pid=454#pid454
(2013-01-22, 02:50 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]As I see you're doing it in forumdisplay template but I think it would be better to add it in forumdisplay_threadlist.

I'll look into it. Thanks.

(2013-01-22, 02:50 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]Another question - the HTML created by this plugin isn't inserted into templates, right? Is there a reason for that?

Well the HTML created by this plugin is inserted into the templates in a manner of speaking but do you mean why isn't the template edited permanently by the plugin?

(2013-01-22, 03:56 PM)lexy Wrote: [ -> ]and one more time can you consider option to add sidebox in post/specific post

tid=337&pid=454#pid454

Lexy I haven't been ignoring your request. It has been noted and is being considered.

Thanks for your feedback.
(2013-01-22, 11:10 PM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]Well the HTML created by this plugin is inserted into the templates in a manner of speaking but do you mean why isn't the template edited permanently by the plugin?

I mean it isn't inserted to the place where you can edit the template for specified theme(s) in ACP. At least those 2 side tables on showthread, index etc.
The templates are edited from the cache to insert the side boxes but the specific modules (WOL for example) create templates (under Global templates) that can be edited by admin.

ACP -> Templates & Styles -> Templates -> [Your Theme] -> Global Templates
(2013-01-22, 11:42 PM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]The templates are edited from the cache to insert the side boxes

Yeah, I mean that. Is that necessary (not really keen on caching so sorry if the question is dumb)? Would be better if you could edit it manually in templates without editing plugin file.
The alternative to altering templates from the cache would be to alter your forum's templates directly. I can't see how that would be better.