MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Advanced Sidebox 2.1.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
"Request : can u help me how to show it in the search results page search.php ?"

pls guys make lots of request for this Wink
This is cool pluggin. I m placing ads using this pluggin in sides. Cool!!
Thanks for the compliment. Glad you are enjoying ASB. Smile
I suppose including sideboxes in search results would add completeness, but since the idea is already that they're supposed to be highly visible (and presumably normally contain small nuggets of information), I don't really see how it would make my website any easier to navigate personally. At least for me I don't think such a feature would be that useful.
I actually agree, Tanweth.

I took a close look at the main forum pages when trying to decide which scripts to add and search.php and member.php?action=login seem to me better left alone.
While I have been using your plugin while building other sites, I never had a chance to use it myself until now. About two months ago I began to work on my own site and installed your plugin. I am quite impressed.

What I love
I love the whole set up and ease of your plugin. I love the javascript/ajax in the manage sideboxes and the different options for the modules. I am also a fan of allowing anyone to create modules and sharing them. You also have a lot more options than most sideboxes and the ability to expand on this plugin is amazing.

Problems/Improvements - In my opinion
Your forumdisplay is extremely problematic to me. First off, your forum display is connected to the threads, rather than forumdisplay_start. This means, whenever you have forum rules or subforums, you end up either having a very large gap on the side, or the forum rules and subforums are full size while the threads are smaller due to the sidebox.

This also means when you are in a category, you cannot see the sidebox at all because there are no threads. Example: http://enrai.lindsiria.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=12

I was wondering if there was a way to make it so it works on all forums and categories by making the hook be forumdisplay_start.

I have a few other recommendations for improving the plugin, but something just came up so i'll edit my post later.
(2013-07-17, 11:18 PM)Lindsiria Wrote: [ -> ]While I have been using your plugin while building other sites, I never had a chance to use it myself until now. About two months ago I began to work on my own site and installed your plugin. I am quite impressed.

Thank you. Smile

(2013-07-17, 11:18 PM)Lindsiria Wrote: [ -> ]Your forumdisplay is extremely problematic to me.

I agree. You aren't the first to say it either.

Pages ago I talked about a new system to allow admin to have greater control over how script templates are edited but I still haven't made enough progress to even say for sure that it is a good idea.

In my theory I can see another tab in ACP for template control with settings that will determine where the tables for the side boxes start and end-- which should make way for admin to add other scripts as well.

I have not abandoned the idea or this project, but with my workload increasing I cannot say for certain when I will get this done.

Sorry for any inconvenience.
Is there anything I can manually do in the code to make it so the forumdisplay is hooked to the start? Or is your code too complicated for a decently easy fix? I was trying to do it myself but my php is not that strong.

Other Recommendations - just to give the user more options
- I would give an option for the who's online to have it either avatars or just text (like how it normally is). Just more options for the user that should not be hard.

- Add Most Online to the Stats if people want it.

- Have the ability not to have a thead for each sidebox section. This is mostly because chrome sometimes double borders things if you use cellpadding.

Thank you Big Grin
(2013-07-18, 11:12 PM)Lindsiria Wrote: [ -> ]Is there anything I can manually do in the code to make it so the forumdisplay is hooked to the start? Or is your code too complicated for a decently easy fix? I was trying to do it myself but my php is not that strong.

in yourforum.com/inc/plugins/adv_sidebox/adv_sidebox_class_template_handler.php look for the Forumdisplay_template_handler class definition. Change its only method to this code:

public function make_edits()
	{
		$this->template_name = 'forumdisplay';
		parent::make_edits();
	}

This will make the forumdisplay template get edited and it will use all default replacement options. It will search for the {$header} and {$footer} and wrap everything in between.

This was the original setup for Forum Display but it was changed by request (because I liked it better on my forum Toungue )

(2013-07-18, 11:12 PM)Lindsiria Wrote: [ -> ]- I would give an option for the who's online to have it either avatars or just text (like how it normally is). Just more options for the user that should not be hard.

- Add Most Online to the Stats if people want it.

Makes sense. And no, it shouldn't be that bad.

(2013-07-18, 11:12 PM)Lindsiria Wrote: [ -> ]- Have the ability not to have a thead for each sidebox section. This is mostly because chrome sometimes double borders things if you use cellpadding.

Thank you Big Grin

I'm not sure I fully understand what you are asking for.
Hello,

is the poll in sidebox feature already available, or does anyone have a code for that?