MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Advanced Sidebox 2.1.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've got this plugin to work on mybb 1.8.4 now Smile Nice plugin Smile
(2015-05-15, 11:42 AM)ilucky90 Wrote: [ -> ]I've got this plugin to work on mybb  1.8.4 now Smile Nice plugin Smile

Did you change some code or did it just work for you? I'd love to know : )

Devvie
twitter.com/devnullius
(2015-05-15, 04:47 PM)bitcoin Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-15, 11:42 AM)ilucky90 Wrote: [ -> ]I've got this plugin to work on mybb  1.8.4 now Smile Nice plugin Smile

Devvie
twitter.com/devnullius

Have you tried it on 1.8.4 yet Bitcoin?
(2015-05-15, 04:47 PM)bitcoin Wrote: [ -> ]

Devvie
twitter.com/devnullius

Well yes. I've changed the compatibility to '*', Not sure if this is the only one cuz i changed something more so you can try this.
Okay man. Have made progress. I can't drag the sideboxes anywhere (left/right/trash), but found you can just click the sidebox to add one. Thank gosh Wildcard also had the foresight to add buttons and controls within settings to select left or right side and delete buttons etc...

Everything *seems* to be working fine so far.

- Change compatibility to 18* instead of 16* in inc\plugins\asb\install.php

- After installing, you may get an error about asb_addon.lang.php missing. Go into FIleZilla or file manager and copy *asb_addon.lang.php* from *inc/languages/english* to *inc/languages/english/admin*

- For me, sideboxes didn't show in Forum Display for default 1.8 theme. Go into Advanced Sidebox box settings > Manage scripts > Forum Display > Header Search Text, and change content to
<div class="float_right">
	{$newthread}
</div>

I'm not sure if a space is missing or some such, but copying this exact area from the template into the search text fixed it for forum display.

Click the sideboxes to add them. For me, dragging doesn't work, but could be some browser issue. Not sure.
Hey, I installed this on the latest version of MyBB, got it installed and everything but I'm reading the above post about the sideboxes not showing...

They aren't showing on mine either, using a downloaded theme, but I don't understand how to fix it. I went to Manage scripts and theres nothing there saying "Forum Display" etc.

So I have no idea how to get these Sideboxes showing.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks.
Bump. Still looking for an answer for above.
The answer is in the topic prefix and mentioned in many posts before yours - it's a 1.6 plugin which doesn't fully work in 1.8.
Its possible to resize the height of a box ?