MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Advanced Sidebox 2.1.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
plugin not works on 1.6.10, javascript fail to loads and takes forever
Just for info plugin works fine on both our main forum and test one, both of which using 1.6.10 for almost a week now Cool
There is some issue with the latest version of mybb and this plugin...I belive it has something to do with jscripts,because it just wont load any box,custom or pre-made...Can you help me,please,because this is the plugin that makes all the good things possible...Thanks in advance!
yes javascript failed to load, only when uncheck javascript in browser plugin works, but there is no support for this now
@bizarella and @dakmrak1

I have recently been able to reproduce that loading fail situation-- sadly I can't seem to figure out why that is happening but I do know that it is related to MyBB 1.6.10 changing to Prototype library version 1.7.1.0

I am still looking into the problem and cannot offer a real solution (as in an update to the plugin) but there is a quick fix:

Just switch back to Prototype 1.7 -- you can download it here:

https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/pr...ototype.js

then copy it to yourforumroot/jscripts/prototype.js

I am sorry that I can't offer a real fix and will continue to try to come up with one.

To anyone who wants to use the plugin but don't feel comfortable changing back to Prototype 1.7, you can always disable JS in the ACP menus and use the standard functionality.

Again, my apologies for the problems,
Wildcard
thanks for support hope so you will be find solution for this
(2013-04-30, 06:11 PM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]@bizarella and @dakmrak1

I have recently been able to reproduce that loading fail situation-- sadly I can't seem to figure out why that is happening but I do know that it is related to MyBB 1.6.10 changing to Prototype library version 1.7.1.0

I am still looking into the problem and cannot offer a real solution (as in an update to the plugin) but there is a quick fix:

Just switch back to Prototype 1.7 -- you can download it here:

https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/pr...ototype.js

then copy it to yourforumroot/jscripts/prototype.js

I am sorry that I can't offer a real fix and will continue to try to come up with one.

To anyone who wants to use the plugin but don't feel comfortable changing back to Prototype 1.7, you can always disable JS in the ACP menus and use the standard functionality.

Again, my apologies for the problems,
Wildcard

Thanks a lot,this did the job!You rock,Wildcard!
Thanks, but it doesn't feel like an 'I rock' post-- I feel terrible that I can't figure this out.
ASB 1.6.2 is released

Changes:
  • Fixed a bug where side boxes couldn't be created using the drag and drop interface.
  • Fixed a problem with the display of the script filter links when viewed at low resolution
  • Replaced some invalid HTML markup that I found while I was under the hood

Thanks to Destroy666, Howman and others for continuing to test and for being patient with me.

As always, the mods site is awaiting validation but GitHub is ready (link in my sig)

1. Deactivate
  2. Overwrite files
  3. Activate

Note: If you changed back to Prototype 1.7.0.0 as a workaround to thes drap-drop bug then you should replace that file with the version that ships with MyBB (1.7.1.0)
when i upload this on filezilla into the plug in couldn't work..couldn't appear on my plugis, can you help me..