MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Advanced Sidebox 2.1.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I have created a custom box, and using it to show a iframe. But the title of the box is at the bottom: http://thebeveree.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=4

Any ideas?
If you wrap the box in its settings, you need to put the content inside table row, like this: <tr><td>content here</td></tr>.
(2013-11-08, 01:43 PM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]I don't have the script in front of me but, yes it should be rather easy to add a condition to which threads/forums/posts are included in the list. If you are familiar with PHP then just browse the script located at yourforum.com/inc/plugins/asb/modules/latest_threads.php (forgive me if I got the file and wrong, I am trying to do this from memory). In the main loop, adjust the script as I have mentioned above.
thats the problem im afraid i aint got a clue about php and would`nt know what to put so could you please tell me what to add and where please ? that would be a great help
^ find below code in the above referred latest_threads.php file (lines ~ 209 - 210)
// get forums user cannot view
	$unviewable = get_unviewable_forums(true);
you can follow earlier suggested method
(2013-08-31, 03:34 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ](...) add after above (in a new line) :
$unviewable .= x;
where x is the forum id - which should be excluded. save the file and check if it works as required
(2013-11-09, 05:32 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ find below code in the above referred latest_threads.php file (lines ~ 209 - 210)
// get forums user cannot view
	$unviewable = get_unviewable_forums(true);
you can follow earlier suggested method
(2013-08-31, 03:34 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ](...) add after above (in a new line) :
$unviewable .= x;
where x is the forum id - which should be excluded. save the file and check if it works as required
already tried that and it dont work m8

here is the file
[attachment=30494]
any help on this would be great also how can i make the avatar`s bigger on the latest threads block
hey there

okay call me a noob, i don't care xD
but i need some help with installing this plugin
you see, this is the very first time i work with mybb
and this is the first plugin that i wanted to try out and install

thing is... i can't seem to make it work and get it online on my plugin page within the admincp so i can activate it.
i read the info on this page: https://github.com/WildcardSearch/Advanc...stallation

im obviously confused on what to do cause...
i thought i uploaded the files the right way but im obviously doing something wrong
first i had uploaded the entire zip file... that didnt work
after that i uploaded the entire asb.2.0 file but that wasn't suppose to be done either, i figured...
so then i googled and they say you should only upload the plugin files
''nameofplugin.php'' in the root directory of the forum ''inc/plugin''
so i did that... with both files named '' asb.php & adv_sidebox.php''
and doing so... it gave me error messages on the plugin page within my admincp

so..... Blush if anyone could tell me which exact file needs to uploaded for this plugin to work,
that would be very much appreciated <3

thank you

p.s.
(for the person that answers my question, please tell me , for future references, how i can easily regonize which file i need to upload so i can make a plugin work right away, thanks)
You need to keep the structure presented in the zip file as-is. Every file contained there is essential for the plugin to work.

Generally speaking, basic plugins would be made up of just one file which would go into your inc/plugins folder, but advanced plugins may add extra files both in that folder and in other folders as well. ASB is one of these.
(2013-11-13, 03:29 PM)Shade Wrote: [ -> ]You need to keep the structure presented in the zip file as-is. Every file contained there is essential for the plugin to work.

Generally speaking, basic plugins would be made up of just one file which would go into your inc/plugins folder, but advanced plugins may add extra files both in that folder and in other folders as well. ASB is one of these.
thank you for answering...
so what you are saying is, i should just upload the entire zip file into /inc/plugins
and thats it?
if so... i did that but that didnt seem to work as i didnt saw it appear on my plugin page later on

if not, im still confused, what exactly do i need to upload(the zip file or the folder within the zipfile?) and to where exactly? (the website says the root directory of your forum... i did that but i got nothing on the plugin page .... or are you suppose to wait a few mins? lol)
If your MyBB copy is installed in your /forum subdirectory, the /forum folder will be your MyBB root. Unzip the Advanced Sidebox file you have downloaded and upload all the files and folders you have unzipped to your /forum subdirectory using a FTP client or whatever you want.

At the end of the process you will have /forum/inc/plugins/asb/classes/..., /forum/inc/plugins/asb/acp.php, /forum/inc/plugins/asb/cleanup.php, /forum/inc/plugins/asb/forum.php, /forum/inc/plugins/asb/functions.php, and so on.