MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Advanced Sidebox 2.1.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-11-20, 07:21 PM)KavMan Wrote: [ -> ]Hi

I have activated Advanced Sidebox 2.1

In Configuration when I click on Advanced Sidebox it gives me this error

/home1/evolutx4/public_html/inc/languages/english/admin/asb_addon.lang.php does not exist

Can anyone help? I have uploaded all the files to the ftp, thanks

go into the files and make sure the file exists at the path - /home1/evolutx4/public_html/inc/languages/english/admin/asb_addon.lang.php

I had this before and i had to add it Big Grin
(2014-11-20, 09:20 PM)dmpops22 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-11-20, 07:21 PM)KavMan Wrote: [ -> ]Hi

I have activated Advanced Sidebox 2.1

In Configuration when I click on Advanced Sidebox it gives me this error

/home1/evolutx4/public_html/inc/languages/english/admin/asb_addon.lang.php does not exist

Can anyone help? I have uploaded all the files to the ftp, thanks

go into the files and make sure the file exists at the path - /home1/evolutx4/public_html/inc/languages/english/admin/asb_addon.lang.php

I had this before and i had to add it Big Grin

I just checked, no such file, only this asb.lang.php

Where can I get that file from? It wasn't in the asb files that I uploaded to my ftp

Thanks!

Actually I see the file, I'm gonna try and upload it, thanks

ASB is working now

Just had to add the file, thanks!
Does a file called asb_addon.lang.php definitely exist in public_html/inc/languages/english/admin if so what are the permissions on it?

Oh didn't see page 96..
Yo wildcard,

I'm using the latest threads sidebox, but it doesnt update automatically, even tho I put 60 seconds for the AJAX update.

Mybb 1.6
ASB 2.1

Any idea why?

UPDATE: I found the problem: I was using the Latest Threads box twice, for 2 different subforums. That caused the error. I just removed 1 latest thread box, to see if the other then updates, and indeed it does.

Can you fix the ASB plugin, so that the AJAX update still works if you use the latest thread box more than once (in my case twice)?

Thx Smile
Hi Gobee129,

I have been missing for a while and despite my best efforts, I still haven't made it back.

ASB will be the first on the list when I return. Until then I'll just make an issue on GitHub to remind me.

Thanks for your patience.
Installed plugin with no problem, but confused on implementing. I choose Add-on modules and no boxes on the forum. Hover on "eye" icon and it says no active scripts. Do I need to create scripts first, if so how?
Can you try uninstalling ASB and then installing again? Perhaps the script definitions weren't created at install for some reason. (You can check by going to ACP -> Configuration -> Advanced Sidebox and clicking the Scripts tab there should be eight default scripts at install.
Advanced Sidebox 2.1.1 Released

Changes:
  • Added a Public Version to modules for use by third-party addon developers as requested by Omar G here
  • Made several improvements to the Slide Show module as suggested by Destroy666 here
  • Added the option to specify which user groups to include/exclude in the Top Poster addon module as requested by GitHub user damian5000 here

Issues Fixed:
  • Corrected problem where the Private Messages module did not properly format and link the user names as reported by Destroy666 here
  • Corrected some problems with the Top Poster module as reported by Destroy666 here
  • Corrected an error where leaving the Header or Footer Search Text blank in the ACP -> Scripts edit page would cause PHP errrors as reported by JimR here
  • Fixed an issue where using multiple side boxes of the same kind on the same page and using AJAX update with two or more of the would cause the first boxes to be overwritten causing all but the last side boxes' AJAX update to fail as reported by Gobee129 here

Since no more updates can be made at the old mods site and entries must be 1.8 compatible to be uploaded to the new mods site, you may upload the new version here: https://github.com/WildcardSearch/Advanc...tag/v2.1.1

To upgrade: Deactivate in ACP, overwrite existing files and then activate again.
Wildcard, so good to see you back man. I don't mean to kiss your lime, but your ASB transformed my forum into an entirely new entity.

The new settings in ASB for top user are great (at least i think they're new (avatar size, being able to choose month/day/etc...)) looking forward to being able to choose the # of posters as well.

Thanks again
Thanks DrXotic Smile

So nice to hear that. I'm trying to get things caught up for my plugins.

As to the multiple top posters, I will be thinking of the best way to do that.