MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Advanced Sidebox 2.1.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Plain simple answers Wildcard, clear as day.
I have to admit (embarrassed i am) that i simply oversee at "custom" + Add a new custom box type. I think a sexy button will be more appropriate, but i'm a but off topic now.

ADB is working now as is should be. Now I've made the discovery which i described above, works perfect!

I use ASB for use of images for sponsors on my forum. Monthly photo contests. And if necessary easily to change content.
Apologies if i have done any harm, not my purpose!

The only thing i'm missing is a footbar, just my 2 cents. but perhaps that's for the future? Wink
(2013-02-13, 07:39 PM)mike537 Wrote: [ -> ]Excellent plugin gets better with every improvement, love the ability to select which user groups can view which side box.

Nice one Wildcard and thanks to all involved for all the hard work. Cool

Blush

Thanks Mike there have been some really good ideas that have gone into this plugin that were introduced in this thread by yourself and others-- so thanks for all the feedback.

(2013-02-13, 10:11 PM)DutchSnake Wrote: [ -> ]I have to admit (embarrassed i am) that i simply oversee at "custom" + Add a new custom box type. I think a sexy button will be more appropriate, but i'm a but off topic now.

Don't be embarassed perhaps it does need to stand out more.

I actually might eventually give 'Add a Custom Box' its own tab . . .

(2013-02-13, 10:11 PM)DutchSnake Wrote: [ -> ]I use ASB for use of images for sponsors on my forum. Monthly photo contests. And if necessary easily to change content.

Great to know Smile

Always makes me happy when people are using something that I made Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

(2013-02-13, 10:11 PM)DutchSnake Wrote: [ -> ]Apologies if i have done any harm, not my purpose!

Of course not!

Thanks for giving ASB a try and if you ever need help don't hesitate to ask here. I will always help you if I can.

(2013-02-13, 10:11 PM)DutchSnake Wrote: [ -> ]The only thing i'm missing is a footbar, just my 2 cents. but perhaps that's for the future? Wink

I had given some thought to creating optional header and footer replacements/additions but I think that is going too far. This has become a very complex plugin and I am working very hard to reduce server/processing load (1.5 is looking really good) so at least for now I will say that other than the things I have already marked for 1.5 there won't be any more features added.

At some point in the future I may resume this thought process though.

Thanks for your feedback. Smile
I have to say that I am impressed what a great plugin you created and what work you put into it, including taking on ideas from other users. And on top, you dont charge a cent for all that.

Considering how many others charge something for even the smallest plugin (really redicolous sometimes), compared to what you're offering with yours. It is with great sadness that I cant use it atm for the reasons I already told you last time in a Private Message. But i will keep it installd just in case. Wink

Thanks man.

Wolfseye
(2013-02-14, 12:13 AM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]This has become a very complex plugin and I am working very hard to reduce server/processing load (1.5 is looking really good) so at least for now I will say that other than the things I have already marked for 1.5 there won't be any more features added.

Which things are marked for 1.5 if I may know?
Another question - will there still be Staff Online box? I saw the other developer resigned and took it, will you write a new one?
(2013-02-14, 11:05 AM)Wolfseye Wrote: [ -> ]I have to say that I am impressed what a great plugin you created and what work you put into it, including taking on ideas from other users. And on top, you dont charge a cent for all that.

Considering how many others charge something for even the smallest plugin (really redicolous sometimes), compared to what you're offering with yours. It is with great sadness that I cant use it atm for the reasons I already told you last time in a Private Message. But i will keep it installd just in case. Wink

Thanks man.

Wolfseye

You have been a great help with all of your suggestions and feedback so much of the credit belongs to you.

Your kind words (and others like them) are what makes this worthwhile.

(2013-02-14, 03:13 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]Which things are marked for 1.5 if I may know?

I should finish 1.5 today. Really it is already done and even running on Rant Central as I type this, but I just have a process of testing and it isn't complete.

Mostly I just have been improving portions of the core at a time while trying to maintain backward compatibility. 1.5 will feature better template handling, more available scripts, more options and better handling of disabling certain scripts.

You shouldn't have to wait long for the release Wink

Until then look here for some of the things I have committed to for 1.5: https://github.com/WildcardSearch/Advanc...box/issues

(2013-02-14, 03:13 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]Another question - will there still be Staff Online box?

Staff Online is still available in 1.4.2 - it was newly redesigned for 1.4 and now features group image display (if available) and a more tidy table row output.

Also the old Staff Online box made the mistake of showing every user who had staff privileges rather than only those on showteam.php . . . so 'hidden' admins would be listed for all to see . . .

It was important that we change that regardless.
I see. So there won't be the jQuery cookie open/close in next/any version and I should start adding it myself?
Not in 1.5

I haven't forgot the suggestion though. I am having a hard time visualizing where the 'click here to disable sideboxes' button would be . . .

It really wouldn't be hard to just use AJAX to set the field for each user upon a click but everywhere I have tried to place an 'X' or icon to disable sideboxes it either looks out of place or isn't clear as to what its function is . . .

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
If you could now just make it so, when I use your plugin to replace with the standard portal blocks, that it doesn't force on me the standard center portal block which pulls news from a specific forum/s but maybe can create my own center block (with your plugin) like I have done for my own portal. Wink But of course I know this is probably too much to ask but it never hurts to ask. Wink

Cheers m8

Wolfseye
(2013-02-14, 04:07 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]I see. So there won't be the jQuery cookie open/close in next/any version and I should start adding it myself?

Well I lied . . . I wound up getting that added for 1.5 Smile

(2013-02-15, 08:48 AM)Wolfseye Wrote: [ -> ]If you could now just make it so, when I use your plugin to replace with the standard portal blocks, that it doesn't force on me the standard center portal block which pulls news from a specific forum/s but maybe can create my own center block (with your plugin) like I have done for my own portal. Wink But of course I know this is probably too much to ask but it never hurts to ask. Wink

Cheers m8

Wolfseye

I have an idea to help you. Just give me a bit of time and I will work on it m8. Smile

Advanced Sidebox 1.5 is released

Changes:
  • Four New Scripts Added!

Now add/manage side boxes on Member Profiles, The Member List, The Forum Team Page and the Statistics Page Smile

• JavaScript Hide/Show Toggle Added (thanks for the idea Destroy666) is optional with an ACP setting

• Made several improvements to the template handling system. Showthread and Forumdisplay now line up correctly on most themes

• Pimped out the plugin info :p

• Linked script enable/disable to the availability of those scripts in the interface to avoid clutter from unused scripts

• Added deactivated warning for side boxes with no enabled scripts

• Major Performance Improvement made possible by a new template handler and added functionality to only load the modules and/or custom boxes needed to produce content for a particular script.

There are a lot of good changes. ASB is awaiting validation at the mod's site but you can download from GitHub now Smile

https://github.com/WildcardSearch/Advanced-Sidebox
And MyAlerts new settings system will wait 1.6... ahah Big Grin