MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Advanced Sidebox 2.1.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
You're welcome. Smile

Thanks for the kind words.
can you consider in the next release to add avatar support to latest thread sidebox like in random quotes
I will certainly look at it. You are not the only one that has asked about it.

I think Destroy666 was working on that though, not sure.
Hi, is it possible to hide the "0 new announcements" from the welcome box? I almost never use announcements at my forum, so its kinda annoying Smile

Great plugin btw!!

And also: Making the text "x new threads" and "x new posts" as links!
Indeed, I have the avatars working for a long time but I've got also something else to finish in there. Should be made soon.

@Jens1986, you can edit adv_sidebox_welcome_membertext in ACP -> Templates & Style -> Templates -> Global Templates
Remove:
<strong>&raquo;</strong> {$lang->new_announcements}<br />
Wrap {$lang->new_threads} and {$lang->new_posts} with
<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/yourlink.php">...</a>
Hello Wildcard,
Thanks a lot for this very good plugin. I have tested it in my localhost(Windows AMP) and working fine. How ever, I see the following problems
1. "NULL" for gid, "NULL" for sid and "no" for isdefault were not accepting, had to change this to "0" for successful installation.
2. Error message while Activating the plugin. This message appears and disappears immediately
[attachment=29504]
(2013-06-09, 04:07 AM)techlib Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Wildcard,
Thanks a lot for this very good plugin. I have tested it in my localhost(Windows AMP) and working fine. How ever, I see the following problems
1. "NULL" for gid, "NULL" for sid and "no" for isdefault were not accepting, had to change this to "0" for successful installation.
2. Error message while Activating the plugin. This message appears and disappears immediately

Look here I think it is the same as what i had
https://github.com/WildcardSearch/Advanc.../issues/79
your mysql maybe in STRICT mode
@Howman, thanks for replying. I tested with the changes you have suggested and it is working fine. I can do this in my localhost as I have complete admin access there, but my website is hosted with a shared hosting plan and I won't be able to do this there.
@techlib
Well I am glade you got it to work out on your localhost. You could ask your shared host if they could change strict mode for you or wait for Wildcard or avril or someone else who knows way more then I do. You never know there could be some sorta work around, but I would not know it.
But I would start with asking your host first and depending on your host maybe someone here would have gotten back to you and given a helping hand by the time your host gets back to you.
Chances are your localhost is simply set up to report warnings, errors, et al (as it should be)-- have you tried the code on your live host? It is very possible (likely even) that the warning level will not be so low on your actual hosted site.

If it continues to be a problem then let us know. (but the NULL's that you are speaking about came from the MyBB Docs as the proper way to add settings unless I am mistaken)