MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Advanced Sidebox 2.1.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not a problem. I am just glad it was solved.

Advanced Sidebox 1.3.4 Released

Changes:
  • Avril made several improvements to the plugin providing more consistent HTML output from sideboxes and preventing settings or user-error from causing invalid HTML
  • Custom on-the-fly sidebox creation has been removed as the user-defined, saveable, importable/exportable boxes have deprecated this feature.
  • Upgrade module implemented

Special thanks to pavemen for advice and allowing me to benefit from his superior knowledge. This upgrade script is derived directly from the code used in MyBB Publisher and functions the same.

To upgrade simply:
    • Deactivate
    • Overwrite old files
    • Activate

• A minor bug was fixed where a stray character was output.
  • In ACP the titles of sideboxes and custom boxes now link to the appropriate edit page as a time-saving feature
  • Staff Online box added as suggested and avril cleaned it up and added some nice features

Note:

To upgrade to this version simply follow the instructions given above, no need to uninstall, or lose settings/custom work.
Is there any way to use the modules without the plugin?
I have php plugin template, thanks. Big Grin
The modules are standard PHP files so, yes they could be used in another PHP script using include or require, although I'm not sure exactly what benefit you hope to gain through that method.
What happens is that I have my custom toolbar and not as including the plugin. :/
I cannot interpret that sentence.
Is there any way to show user's avatar in welcome box like sideboxes plus? How to make staff online avatar small?
I am beginning to think there might be a better way to handle customization of each box. Currently the WOL and Staff OL use the same avatar settings. It would be logical to add separate settings for each module but I am thinking maybe it would be better if each sidebox had its own settings . . .

Short answer: good idea but it isn't possible yet. I'll add it to the list.

Cheers
maybe option to post UID, add sidebox on specific post only
I don't follow. What is that you are suggesting?
(2013-01-21, 02:58 PM)KingCupid Wrote: [ -> ]How to make staff online avatar small?
You may change avatars size by increasing or decreasing count of avatars in row setting. They will be auto scaled to fit in a row.
Configuration -> Settings -> Advanced Sidebox -> Avatar settings (Number of avatars per row)