MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Advanced Sidebox 2.1.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

MikeInToshx

Quote:idk, PM the language pack you are using so I can test?

How do I do that? I don't know what u need exactly.
yourforum.com/inc/languages/italian/global.lang.php
(2013-09-02, 02:03 AM)dthiago Wrote: [ -> ]I edit

adv_sidebox_latest_threads_thread

I am just not sure I know what you are trying to do. If you are using a plugin and would like to use the output of that plugin in a side box then you will need to know a little PHP to bridge the gap.
[/quote]

[attachment=30048]
Be patient and I (or someone) will add an option to the Latest Thread side box when there is time. I have been asked repeatedly about that and am fully aware that it is a good idea. It will be implemented at some point though I cannot say when.
(2013-09-02, 09:52 PM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]Be patient and I (or someone) will add an option to the Latest Thread side box when there is time. I have been asked repeatedly about that and am fully aware that it is a good idea. It will be implemented at some point though I cannot say when.

Waiting anxious..
Okay, to anyone interested, I have been really making good progress on ASB 2.0-- a LOT of good features have been added to the ACP controls . . . but there are some things I'd like a consensus on before I release.

I don't want to spoil the surprise, but you will find ASB much more 'global' when 2.0 is released. Wink

If you use ASB, please give me some feedback on this issue I am debating. I am very near release, but I am worried because I am not planning to make ASB 2.0 an upgrade to the 1.x series-- it will require a full uninstall/reinstall

As I've said before in this thread, I am an amateur and I am learning as I go. Some of the things I have learned have made me realize just how convoluted ASB has become (not to mention the wise advice that Avril has given me but it took me forever to understand).

The simple truth is, to make this an upgrade I'd have to carry all that 'baggage' with it and I think the plugin will be much better (more efficient for sure) without the 'legacy' code.

We already have import/export for custom boxes so I really don't think having to do a full uninstall/reinstall should be such a big deal.

What do you guys think?

MikeInToshx

Awsome! Smile

I don't think uninstalling is ganna be a problem indeed, just copy your code that u used in costum boxes to a .txt file.

I hope there are some more usefull addons we can display in the new version xd
(2013-09-08, 09:06 AM)MikeInToshx Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think uninstalling is ganna be a problem indeed, just copy your code that u used in costum boxes to a .txt file.

You can export custom boxes to XML files (and they will be compatible with 2.0)-- no need for copy pasta bro. Wink

(2013-09-08, 09:06 AM)MikeInToshx Wrote: [ -> ]I hope there are some more usefull addons we can display in the new version xd

I am going to TRY to get the avatars for Latest Threads, but no, this upgrade isn't about adding more box types. It is in answer to those who want more control over which scripts side boxes can display on and making ASB work anywhere admin wants it to (that's all I am saying for now :p )

I have a couple of new box types in mind, but it was important to me to get the core to the point I wanted and felt it needed to be. When this release has gone down, I'll begin to tinker with adding a couple of box types I have been thinking of.
Advanced Sidebox 2.0 is released!

Note: This is not an upgrade to the 1 series, but an entirely different version. Please follow the instructions at the end of this post on how to migrate.

Changes:
  • Let me start by saying that while this isn't a complete rewrite, it is pretty close to that. And if you look at the new file structure, you will notice that there are no overlaps between the 1 and 2 series other than adv_sidebox.php which is a dummy entry used to prevent two instances of the plugin appearing in ACP->Config->Plugins. This is to clarify that this version is entirely different and must be dealt with that way. More at the end.

• ASB Script management is born. This in response to those that would like to add other scripts or use side boxes on Page Manager scripts. Yes, that's right, it can finally happen, and actually very easily.

The same 8 scripts are already set up and working for you, but adding new scripts is a breeze and even supports specifying pages through action and page URL properties-- so, for the Member Profile page, we specify member.php and action=profile, etc.

For handling custom scripts, especially those that do not use templates, I've added an option in the Script Management tab to output the side box columns as $asb_left and $asb_right, I've included a .zip below with a sample ASB script and Page Manager page that work together. It is actually very easy to do (and the sample Page Manager page is included in the ACP help pages).

ASB Page Manger Example.zip

Obviously, the script definitions can be exported and imported to backup and restore you work and can also be activated and deactivated with a click in ACP. This made those 8 settings in ACP no longer neccessary so they were removed.

You may also completely replace scripts with your own custom contents. This can be used to customize portal.php, for example. This is a long overdue feature to enable those with custom portal implementations to use side boxes.

Removed my horrible blue filter menu and replaced it with a simpler and much less obnoxious select box and submit button Big Grin Sorry, I try . . .

• Column width is no longer a universal value, but rather is controllable on a per-page basis, and obviously still by left and right. So you can mix a match a little more.

• Finally added the option to use avatars for the last poster in the Latest Threads module.

• Also added the option to show formatted user names rather than avatars in the Who's On-line side boxes.

• Did some work on Random Quotes, adding the option to specify a thread tid or a comma-separated list of tids to pull random quotes from.

Also, reworked the filtering as I had gone a bit too far in my efforts to ensure no BB Code was getting through.

I wound up using crazy4cs's code as posted here: http://community.mybb.com/thread-134214-...#pid971168 (much better)

• Side boxes can now be deactivated easily by selected no groups or alternately selecting no scripts. This is more intuitive than automatically resetting to All Scripts. Note: This is only when you specifically de-select all of one of the two permissions items, scripts or groups. You may still obviously have globally visible side boxes.

• Caching the side box info (as much as possible) to prevent using more queries than needed. Most set ups should see a reduction of 2-4 queries depending on number of side boxes in total and other factors.

• Split the custom box view/import into one tab and moved edit to its own tab and added an 'Add New Custom Box' tab for quicker access when browsing Custom Boxes in ACP. Looks a lot cleaner to me.

Also, I've restored the functionality for custom box content to contain certain internal variables . . . actually, just $mybb and $lang-- I overcame the problems I was having with filtering, but being eval()'d inside the side box object prevent me from handling it the way I'd like to.

I've left room to change that in the future when there is time.

I am surely forgetting a lot, but I worked on this too long to remember it all. :p

Migrating:

To begin using ASB 2.0, you must first uninstall ASB 1 series if installed. Remember to export any custom boxes so that you may backup your custom work and restore it once the installation of ASB 2.0 is complete.

Follow these steps:
  1. In ACP uninstall ASB 1.0 (it is important that you do this BEFORE you overwrite any files!)
  2. Copy the new version's files (contents of the Upload folder from the ASB package) into your forum's root
  3. Install & Activate ASB 2.0 (if you do not first refresh the page, you will be attempting re-install the previous version of ASB Wink )
  4. In the plugin's Info you will be greeted with a message informing you that there are remaining files from ASB 1 series on your server and you will be provided with a link to remove them.

In the event that something (file permissions or other factors) prevent the script from deleting the files, you can manually delete them by looking at the ASB file list on the GitHub Wiki: https://github.com/WildcardSearch/Advanc...ion#asb-10

Then you may import your custom boxes (if any) and get side boxes set back up.

Fresh Install:

1. Copy the plugin files (contents of the Upload folder from the ASB package) into your forum's root
  2. Install & Activate ASB 2.0 in ACP
  3. Enjoy Smile

I hope you enjoy this plugin and I have no doubt that there will be some errors, but let us hope they are minor.

Cheers,
Wildcard

NOTE: The new version is awaiting validation at the MyBB mod's site, but you may download it here: GitHub Download Link
Amazing!

but for now....

[Image: qm4ghEi.png]

how to remove "Last Post " - i just want the avatar.

Size need a settings to replace all others.

If some template had a avatar we need options to control size without edit templates.

thx! sry for english again.