MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Advanced Sidebox 2.1.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-04-28, 02:31 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Not really, just think about the search system, where users can search for content in inactive forums but never in the ones they can't view.

But if an administrator doesn't want to show forum temporarily and marks it as inactive, why would people be allowed to search it? Doesn't make any sense. Even the description of the checkbox says: "If unselected, this forum will not be shown to users and will not "exist".". So if it doesn't "exist" for users, why do they need to be able to find stuff there?
(2014-04-28, 11:38 AM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]I just noticed that the modules don't use get_inactive_forums() function, only get_unviewable_forums(true). So threads, posts, random quotes, etc. are shown if Forum is Active? checkbox is not selected in forum settings. But I think it's more like MyBB issue, because get_unviewable_forums(true) should consider get_inactive_forums() in my opinion.

Hmmm . . . I hadn't thought of that. Probably because the core code that latest threads was based on doesn't check that either.

(2014-04-28, 11:38 AM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]Also, is the PHP/HTML in settings implemented? Wondering if it's possible to create something like JS peekers now.

Not yet, but I haven't forgotten your request. Still looking at the best way to handle it.

I had thought to add two new optional functions for modules (using 'example' base_name):

asb_example_settings_load() would be called when ACP is displaying settings so that the module author could handle things like peekers and

asb_example_settings_save() would be called before ACP is storing settings to allow serialization and such things.

Does that sound about right?

(2014-04-28, 11:38 AM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]Congratulations on joining MyBB team btw.

Thanks Big Grin

(2014-04-28, 02:31 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Not really, just think about the search system, where users can search for content in inactive forums but never in the ones they can't view.
(2014-04-28, 02:39 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]So if it doesn't "exist" for users, why do they need to be able to find stuff there?

You both make good points, but I think Destroy666 has the right idea: If a forum is inactive, then it is 'hidden'-- if it is hidden then ASB should not show threads/posts from it. For that matter, MyBB shouldn't either.

I'll take a look at changing ASB's thread/posts modules. There are still quite a few open issues for 2.1 so a few more won't be that bad. :p
The same is true of xthreads hidden forums perhaps, if it's hidden it should be hidden from all
I need to check that function out, I thought it returned the closed but yet visible forums, It has been a whole since I used it.
(2014-04-28, 04:21 PM)JimR Wrote: [ -> ]The same is true of xthreads hidden forums perhaps, if it's hidden it should be hidden from all

xThreads only hides the visibility of the forum, users can still make use of it.
I've confirmed that it is an undesired behavior. When the user clicks a link that ASB shows in Latest Threads that is located in an inactive forum they receive an error (even admin):

[Image: f9PmE4q.png]
Destroy666 dzięki za pomoc Blush faktycznie można to zmienić w ustawieniach i wtedy już sidebar wyświetla się tak jak chcę przycisk Odpowiedź jest na swoim miejscu, a sidebar we właściwym.
Zmiany dokonuje się
Home » Advanced Sidebox >>Manage Scripts
Zastępując oryginał:
Header Search Text
ASB will place the side box tables just after the contents of this setting are found

{$ratethread}

na {$header}

[Image: di-NGTL.jpg]

Tylko mam jeszcze jeden problem. Myślałem, że to może przez kombinowanie coś się z forum porobiło, ale zainstalowałem na nowo czyste forum, wrzuciłem plugin najnowszy i jest to samo, a mianowicie wszędzie mi się wyświetla sidebar, na stronie głównej, w otwartym temacie ale w spisie tematów już nie.
Czyli index.php, showthread.php:
http://localhost/nowe/index.php
http://localhost/nowe/showthread.php?tid=1

Ale już w forumdisplay.php jest problem nie ma sidebara
http://localhost/nowe/forumdisplay.php?fid=2

Co to jest, że tak się dzieje?
I też zawsze za pierwszym razem jak się zainstaluje wtyczkę i wchodzi do Plugins >> Manage Sideboxes wyskakują błędy php na samej górze, ale kliknie się coś i już od tego momentu nie ma błędów jest wszystko OK, także dziwnie zachowanie, ale najbardziej mnie interesuje dlaczego w forumdisplay.php nie ma sidebara.
(2014-04-28, 02:52 PM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]Does that sound about right?

Yes, I see it was added today, thanks. I'll test it soon in my WIP addon and will let you know.

@maniek82, ten sam problem, tylko że zamiast showthread wybierasz forumdisplay i edytujesz szablon/początek/koniec w nim. Teraz podany szukany tekst jest niedostępny w podanym szablonie, więc plugin nie może go znaleźć i przez to nic nie wyświetla.

A co do błędów w Manage Sideboxes - najlepiej jeśli zrobisz screen i tu go podasz, a Wildcard się tym zajmie. Podaj też którą wersję masz.

Aha, lepiej jeśli po polsku napiszesz na podlinkowanym polskim forum, tutaj ktoś może usunąć całe posty w obcym języku.
Wildcard, I am considering using ASB for my forum, but I have a couple of plugins I already made that are not ASB modules. I must confess I am a bit lost as to how to add a module, is there an "easy" way to just use my existing plugins in ASB?
(2014-04-29, 07:34 AM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, I see it was added today, thanks. I'll test it soon in my WIP addon and will let you know.

Great to hear. I don't know if you saw, but I made a couple of example modules to illustrate the concepts involved in the advanced settings features we've added: https://github.com/Advanced-Sidebox/Examples

(2014-04-29, 08:29 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Wildcard, I am considering using ASB for my forum, but I have a couple of plugins I already made that are not ASB modules. I must confess I am a bit lost as to how to add a module, is there an "easy" way to just use my existing plugins in ASB?

Lee, look here for some help with extending ASB: https://github.com/WildcardSearch/Advanc...ensibility

If that still doesn't get you going, feel free to PM me and I will try to help you convert your plugins to ASB modules. It really isn't that hard.