MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Advanced Sidebox 2.1.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yes, I added the ability to disable expanders in side boxes via an ACP setting in the last update.

Thanks again for your support. I wish more people were like you. Big Grin
(2014-01-07, 04:02 PM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, I added the ability to disable expanders in side boxes via an ACP setting in the last update.

Thanks again for your support. I wish more people were like you. Big Grin

Oh great then! Like I say, I have yet to upgrade to the last update as I have been busier than usual this Christmas and I am planning on doing some further upgrades to my forum including upgrading to the latest version of ASB, all in one go which will take some hours.

Thanks for the compliment, but it's the least I could do!

Like I mentioned, I will provide any more feedback in the future as I have some forum members who are always happy to give me feedback too and report any bugs.

Cheers!
Thanks my friend. Your support and feedback are very much appreciated.
(2014-01-07, 04:23 PM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks my friend. Your support and feedback are very much appreciated.

Same here, buddy! Smile
ASB 2.0.2 Released

Changes:
  • Fix a typographical error that caused the filter drop-down not to show in ACP->Manage Sideboxes
  • Fix an error where side boxes were not upgraded completely when their parent module is. Some settings left behind were not deleted and new settings weren't added until the side box was edited or deleted and recreated
  • Some other uninteresting things to do with code readability and efficiency were altered but nothing of significance was changed

I'll be updating the mods site in a few days. For now you may download it here: https://github.com/WildcardSearch/Advanc...master.zip

Upgrade as normal, ie. deactivate; copy; activate.

MikeInToshx

Where's the option to set the sidebar to be a certen width?
How do I add a footer line to a sidebox ?
asb automatically adds a table row as a header/box title, however most module templates do not allow you to add a table row (for a footer) after the table rows of data are added, does this mean I have to re write the modules I want to use so they have a wrapper template, example statistics module does have a wrapper template.
(2014-01-09, 10:20 PM)MikeInToshx Wrote: [ -> ]Where's the option to set the sidebar to be a certen width?

ACP->ASB->Manage Scripts->Name of Script->Width:left/right

(2014-01-09, 10:58 PM)JimR Wrote: [ -> ]How do I add a footer line to a sidebox ?

You would need to edit that module in order to do that.

(2014-01-09, 10:58 PM)JimR Wrote: [ -> ]does this mean I have to re write the modules I want to use so they have a wrapper template, example statistics module does have a wrapper template.

Not re-write, but yes you would need to edit them.

This is the entire reason ASB works on the module system. If you have specific needs it can be done, but it does require a little coding knowledge to stretch the boundaries.

Keep in mind that if you rename a module (and also rename the functions inside to match) then it will act as a separate module. Then you won't have to worry about overwriting your custom code when you update. (But you would need to make sure you keep your module up-to-date if the public API changes.)

That being said, as always, if you want/need something to work in a different way I will listen and attempt it if I can understand what it is and why it is needed.

Perhaps there are things I could do differently. We have made quite a few big changes along the way so don't assume it won't happen. Smile
I am using 1.6.12 mybb and asb 2.0.2

The sidebox don't appear anywhere except the forum index, any idea why?

the sidebox also seems to stop working when i switch between different themes
It would be hard for me to say without a little more info.

What theme are you using? Have you edited the script definitions at all?