MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Advanced Sidebox 2.1.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Are you sure the text is the same? It must match exactly.
Oh, you were online. I just edited the post. I tested it on a theme that uses the master template. All I did is click "Save and continue" with no modification, then the thing stop working.

MikeInToshx

Hey when is the border bug going to be fixed? I'd like to use it again but so many viewable bugs with my theme.. Just cause my theme is fully made out of divs.
Can u give it a try to make it work please?

Cheers.
(2014-01-26, 04:22 PM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]Are you telling me that no scripts were installed at all? If so, that is a bug. The 8 scripts we've had should still be there.

Yes, nothing was there. Another guy on Polish problem had similar problem.

(2014-01-26, 04:22 PM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]That's it, $mybb and $lang . . . see I got past the problems filtering the contents, but since the eval() happens in the object, those globals aren't available.

I am still trying to think of a way to handle that . . . I'll try and get that resolved as I agree it was much more useful the old way.

Ok, thanks for looking into it.

(2014-01-26, 08:40 PM)MikeInToshx Wrote: [ -> ]Hey when is the border bug going to be fixed? I'd like to use it again but so many viewable bugs with my theme.. Just cause my theme is fully made out of divs.
Can u give it a try to make it work please?

If you use one of the latest versions, you can easily change that in templates (thanks Wildcard for moving HTML to them btw, now it's much easier to match it with my theme): asb_wrapped_sidebox, asb_sidebox_column etc. You can convert them to <div>s. I have done it with 3 main columns and arrows already, may try to convert the rest, also converted hide/show JS to jQuery with effects, will share it later if someone wants.
I'll check the installation code to see why those script definitions aren't being made at install.

I've pushed a fix to the stable branch on GitHub for the other two issues.

MikeInToshx

All I know is that it looks like a mess without any fix <.<

[attachment=30928]
I also noticed that there is no sidebox when you view it from category view

[Image: asdasdasdd.jpg]
(2014-01-26, 09:12 PM)MikeInToshx Wrote: [ -> ]All I know is that it looks like a mess without any fix <.<

I hate that it isn't working well for you but I really don't see anything I can do.
Hi guys.
I think this is an easy question for several of you.

I want in index a "sidebox " that start in before header, like so.

[Image: VBc82oul.jpg]

(manage script, index , write in "Header Search Text" : {$headerinclude}

The problem as you can see is that in order to fit all resolutions, I have put in global.css ,#container , width:80%.

How can I fit the box properly to the left? Maybe creating a new script definition for header?
Sorry for the dumb question.
And of course, thanks Wildcard of all of your constant work
{$headerinclude} shouldn't be the search text because you add it between </head> and <body> then and that's improper HTML.

I think doing that in index is impossible (well, it is, for example start <body>, end {$forums} but again - a <div> is broken and it looks quite weird). So yes, I'd go with global.php and I'd edit header template to inject the sideboxes. However, that will of course make it appear not only on index.