MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Advanced Sidebox 2.1.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-01-04, 10:36 AM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]Looks promising. Are there any available extensions except those default in package?

I am working on a few but have had little time to devote to extending the plugin because I am still working with the core.

If you have a particular box type you would like, feel free to suggest it and I will try to get it included.

(2013-01-04, 10:36 AM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]I suggest making the "Show On" options box-specific. For example if I'd made a box with share options, I'd like to have it only in thread but the rest of boxes also on index and forum display.

I have plans to make each box gain a few properties so that the script can be specified. There are other improvements on the way, but it will take time.

(2013-01-04, 10:36 AM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]Also, I think jQuery arrows or whatever with cookies like SideBoxes plugin has (but in this case could be on both sides) would be nicer than UCP setting for turning it on/off.

All of your ideas make sense and I've already considered some of them.

Thanks for your feedback and watch GitHub for updates. Smile
(2013-01-04, 02:11 PM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]If you have a particular box type you would like, feel free to suggest it and I will try to get it included.

For example Latest Poll box from specified forum(s). Showing name of poll, url to it, options (cut if too long) and total votes + maybe notification like "You have already voted" : "You haven't voted yet".

Or a bit harder thing (I guess) - random image from ezgallery.

Thanks for considering my suggestions, will watch progress for sure.
(2013-01-04, 05:22 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]For example Latest Poll box from specified forum(s). Showing name of poll, url to it, options (cut if too long) and total votes + maybe notification like "You have already voted" : "You haven't voted yet".

In all honesty, I'm not even sure how best to approach that one, but I will give it a try.

(2013-01-04, 05:22 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]Or a bit harder thing (I guess) - random image from ezgallery.

It is pretty easy to do simple integrations like that, but I don't plan on spending a lot of time of third-party integration.

To create something like that for ezgallery, just use an iframe and their service API (or whatever, I'm not familiar with that service).

(2013-01-04, 05:22 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for considering my suggestions, will watch progress for sure.

Your feedback (and any feedback) is very helpful. I am currently working on some improvements suggested by another user earlier in the thread, but I had added a lot of your suggestions to the list.

Cheers Smile
(2013-01-04, 05:42 PM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]To create something like that for ezgallery, just use an iframe and their service API (or whatever, I'm not familiar with that service).

It's not service, it's MyBB plugin. http://community.mybb.com/thread-72625.h...ht=gallery
I didn't see any variable for it, nor a way to put random image to iFrame.
Found something similar: http://community.mybb.com/thread-131021....ht=gallery but it's slideshow (also nice idea).
Oh I misunderstood, sorry.

In that case it would be as simple as finding the table(s) that the images were stored in and display a random row (use RAND() for the orderby option). If I have time I will give it a shot.
I have pushed Advanced Sidebox 1.2 to GitHub.

Many new features have been added and some things have been reworked:
  • Admin can now control which scripts the sideboxes will display on.
  • The sidebox management window has been redesigned
  • 5 new views added to view the sideboxes by script or all at once
  • Portal code rewritten to allow boxes on both sides
  • Latest threads module rewritten to check before using gotounread jump links
  • Large rewrite that actually reduced the total lines of code

I have probably missed a feature change or two.

You can download it from GitHub now and I will push it to the mods site within the next couple of days.

Please let me know what you think.
Thank you, Wildcard. Wink

However, trying to add a new Block (Type: CUSTOM) on INDEX in Sidebox Management resulted in an immediate =>

http://i.imgur.com/G6vHv.jpg

While adding a custom block (right side of your Sideblock Management) resulted in the following above the forum on INDEX

http://i.imgur.com/Rzdvv.jpg

I updated your plugin which I still had installed with the previous Version, by disabling and overwriting new Files from Github Version 1.2 of your Plugin. Then enabled it again. If that was wrong, please advise. Otherwise there is something wrong with that new Version I think.
I should have included upgrade instructions here (they are on GitHub).
  • Uninstall from ACP
  • Overwrite previous files
  • Install & Activate in ACP

This version makes big changes so will require a full reinstall.

It is my fault for not mentioning it (long day of coding Blush )
Thanks. But I am afraid right blocks don't work properly. I can add blocks to the left, thats fine. But when I also add a block to the right, that block actually goes down and gets mixed up in the lower parts, not on the right blockside however.

http://i.imgur.com/kJVOn.jpg

On the picture that "LATEST THREADS" block was supposed to be on the right side but ended up not there as you can see. Wink Hopefully you can fix this when you get the time.

Thanks again for your cool Plugin.

Cheers

Wolfseye
Is there anyway you can post the contents of your showthread template for that theme?

I'm not getting any display issues on my end, but if your theme is templated differently that may be the issue.

With the same template code I can try to reproduce the error.

Thanks again for your help.