MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Advanced Sidebox 2.1.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-01-20, 11:14 AM)MikeInToshx Wrote: [ -> ]Any solution to that?

The nature of the plugin is that it is not guaranteed to work for any theme . . . it just can't. That's why I have made it customizable on a per theme/per page basis.

(2014-01-20, 11:14 AM)MikeInToshx Wrote: [ -> ]If only johnny S. gave us some support in the support topic... He's been away for weeks.

^that.

The theme author needs to update.
Great mod!
Thanks for the kind words. Smile
ASB 2.0.4 Released

Changes
  • Fixed an error where invalid HTML was output due to table tags being given a name attribute which is not a valid attribute for that HTML tag element (reported by Howman)
  • Fixed a bug where an empty message was flashed in ACP when deleting an addon module
  • Moved ASB's templates from being global templates to having their own group. This will have many different advantages over the old system, not the least being the ability to make per-theme changes in the side box HTML output
  • Moved the expander to its own template
  • Fixed an error where addon modules were attempting upgrades during uninstall function
  • Replaced archaic language as reported by Tanweth
  • Added the option to maintain aspect of avatars in WOL (as request by Tanweth)
  • Replaced title text of avatars globally to something more appropriate (as discussed by Tanweth and myself)
  • Fixed an error where custom boxes were not displaying their content on custom pages/Page Manager pages due to an error in the cache building process
  • Fixed an error where CSS wasn't loaded in ACP causing sub-par footer menu aesthetics Wink

To upgrade deactivate, overwrite and re-activate in ACP.

NOTE: The ASB core and addon module templates are no longer located in Global but will be found in the Advanced Sidebox template group for each theme. If subsequent upgrades change the templates you can use the diff report tool or 'revert' option to update your templates if there are changes.

This update is available on GitHub: https://github.com/WildcardSearch/Advanc...master.zip

Also for those interested I've included an example of using ASB with a custom script in the OP
After a long break I tested the new version. I have found one issue so far - Random Quote doesn't work. I checked the debug and it seems to still get the old rand_quote_sidebox template.
Hi

May I know how the template handler works? I am trying to get it working for one of the themes.
What valuables are it looking for before it insert the template?
(2014-01-25, 10:52 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]After a long break I tested the new version. I have found one issue so far - Random Quote doesn't work. I checked the debug and it seems to still get the old rand_quote_sidebox template.

Thanks for the report. I'll look into it friend Smile

(2014-01-25, 11:36 PM)Lu5ck Wrote: [ -> ]Hi

May I know how the template handler works? I am trying to get it working for one of the themes.
What valuables are it looking for before it insert the template?

Each script is defined differently, but most of them look for $header and $footer
Reported another AJAX issue on github.

Anyways, I have 2 questions.

Are there any predefined script settings? I had to add everything manually. I think few most used examples could be added automatically at installation - it will save time for some people and may help inexperienced admins who have no clue about what to do.

I also noticed that some variables ($mybb, $lang) finally work in custom boxes, but other ($theme, global variable from header) don't. Which exactly are good to go?
(2014-01-26, 05:02 AM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]Reported another AJAX issue on github.

Thanks I'll look into it today.

(2014-01-26, 05:02 AM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]Are there any predefined script settings? I had to add everything manually. I think few most used examples could be added automatically at installation - it will save time for some people and may help inexperienced admins who have no clue about what to do.

Are you telling me that no scripts were installed at all? If so, that is a bug. The 8 scripts we've had should still be there.

But keep in mind that you can export the scripts to save them so you can back up your forum's scripts.

(2014-01-26, 05:02 AM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]I also noticed that some variables ($mybb, $lang) finally work in custom boxes, but other ($theme, global variable from header) don't. Which exactly are good to go?

That's it, $mybb and $lang . . . see I got past the problems filtering the contents, but since the eval() happens in the object, those globals aren't available.

I am still trying to think of a way to handle that . . . I'll try and get that resolved as I agree it was much more useful the old way.
Hi,

I found out that for forumdisplay.php, it looks for "<div class="float_right">{$newthread}</div>".

It appears that hook only function when the theme is using the Master Templates's "forumdisplay_threadlist" template. If the theme has its own "forumdisplay_threadlist" template, the sidebox will not appear. I have tested it on theme that is using template from the Master Templates, creating a identical template (no modification, only clicked "Save and Continue").