MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Advanced Sidebox 2.1.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-06-11, 10:31 PM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]Chances are your localhost is simply set up to report warnings, errors, et al (as it should be)-- have you tried the code on your live host? It is very possible (likely even) that the warning level will not be so low on your actual hosted site.

If it continues to be a problem then let us know. (but the NULL's that you are speaking about came from the MyBB Docs as the proper way to add settings unless I am mistaken)
Wildcard
I think he is saying that he got it to work on his localhost but cause he is on a shared host he can not take strict of his mysql data base for his live site.
all tho that's just what I be-leave he is saying.
(2013-06-12, 02:16 AM)Howman Wrote: [ -> ]I think he is saying that he got it to work on his localhost but cause he is on a shared host he can not take strict of his mysql data base for his live site.

Well I think he is saying that he hasn't tried it on the live site because of the reported errors on localhost.

If I am wrong then I will type out the other answer. Big Grin
Hi Wildcard, Hi Howman, thanks for the comments.
@Wildcard, you got it right, since it reported error on localhost I did not try it on my live site. I will check this in live site (or the same server) and let you know.
One of my clients I am doing a commission for has a very exact layout plan. As she already created many of the images and designs, I have to make sure the layout fits the exact pixels.

She wanted to have the online list and stats in a sidebar, so I installed your plugin as I know it works. It messed up everything. While apart of it was my code, I ended up narrowing down the problem on a test board. It's just a basic aesthetic error I am hoping you can help me fix.

When the plugin is not activated, the forums look like this:
http://i44.tinypic.com/ngc580.jpg

They have the same width and padding as the logo, navigation bar and footer.

However, when you activate the plugin, there is something that causes the forum and sidebar to become smaller.
http://i42.tinypic.com/a0w0wn.jpg

Because of the exact configurations of this layout, the padding is causing some enormous problems. I looked through adv_sidebox_class_template_handler but can't figure out how to change this issue. Is it possible? I know I was able to edit the nayar sidebar to fix the padding, but I do not want to use it as it is no longer supported.
@Lindsiria
(2013-06-12, 09:49 PM)Lindsiria Wrote: [ -> ]I looked through adv_sidebox_class_template_handler but can't figure out how to change this issue. Is it possible ?

Line 304
	<table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="5">
Change to
	<table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0">

Line 132
$this->left_content = '<td><a style="display: none;" id="asb_hide_column_left" href="javascript:void()"></a></td>';
Change to
$this->left_content = '<td style="padding: 0;"><a style="display: none;" id="asb_hide_column_left" href="javascript:void()"></a></td>';

@Lindsiria
[attachment=29531]
great
looks good
Thanks Smile
@avril
Thank you. It worked perfectly

edit: I don't know if this is a bug or I am not understanding it right. I assume the "Show Column Visibility Toggle Icons" means if you want the sidebox to have a toggle. If my assumption is correct, nothing happens when you click no (the toggle is still there and works) and ends up moving the sidebox. If my assumption was incorrect, I suggest having a setting to turn off the toggle in case people don't want it.
ASB 1.7.1 Released

Changes:
  • New Recent Posts module added by request ( http://community.mybb.com/thread-139858-...pid1006214 ) thanks to TDB for that idea

• Destroy666 made another great punch list. Thanks for the reports

• contained the side box edit modal settings page so that if there are more settings than the height allows it will auto scroll

• Relocated some JS and CSS into the admin_dir as suggested by Howman, Destroy666 and avril -- thanks guys

• avril finally fixed the toggle icons that were causing display issues for some themes by fixing a very simple error I had made and was overlooking. Thanks avril. Smile

• fixed staff online box where if no staff were on the fallback message wasn't displayed because of a typo in the script (Destroy666 found it)

I would recommend updating as there are some good fixes here.

Keep in mind that if your admin directory is not default you will need to manually copy the admin files to your custom directory.

Otherwise update as normal.

Cheers
Hi! I've run into a bit of a problem. The last time I modified my sideboxes' content (a week or so ago, I'd guess?) everything was working fine to my knowledge, but when we were preparing to open our forums to the public today and went to make a quick change I got this error at the top of the Advanced Sidebox "Manage Sideboxes" page:

Quote:Warning [2] in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given - Line: 1752 - File: inc/plugins/adv_sidebox/acp_functions.php PHP 5.3.24 (Linux)
File Line Function
[PHP] errorHandler->error
/inc/plugins/adv_sidebox/acp_functions.php 1752 in_array
/inc/plugins/adv_sidebox/acp_functions.php 1823 adv_sidebox_build_permissions_table
/inc/plugins/adv_sidebox/acp_functions.php 243 adv_sidebox_build_sidebox_info
/inc/plugins/adv_sidebox/acp_functions.php 80 adv_sidebox_admin_main
/inc/class_plugins.php 101 adv_sidebox_admin
/[admin_directory]/index.php 543 pluginSystem->run_hooks

(actual admin directory redacted for obvious reasons)

At first it seemed to be related to a specific custom-content sidebox, because trashing that sidebox made the error go away and re-adding it made the error come back (sometimes more than once, and also sometimes actually in the draggable block representing that sidebox). That individual sidebox had been showing up this morning but had stopped displaying after I noticed the errors; the other boxes were fine. I double-checked the content and the only thing that had changed was that another admin had added a URL that contained a raw ampersand (not sure if it not being encoded as an entity would affect it...?), but even after I removed the part with the ampersand (which wasn't necessary) the problem persisted. Even creating a new custom sidebox named "test" with the default content

<tr>
	<td class="trow1">Place your custom content here. (HTML)</td>
</tr>
<tr>
	<td class="trow2">For example:</td>
</tr>
<tr>
	<td class="trow1"><strong>my custom content</td>
</tr>

causes an error if I try to add it to the left or right side of the sidebox. I can edit the other existing boxes, but strangely enough that specific box and any new boxes throw errors in the ACP and don't show up on the forum itself.

I'm using MyBB 1.6.10. The plugin was on version 1.6.2 when we first noticed the error, but upgrading to 1.7.1 hasn't fixed it. I guess the last time I tried to access the sideboxes was immediately before changing the name of the admin directory... the plugin doesn't seem to have it hardcoded as "/admin/" anywhere, but might that be part of the problem? Should I just uninstall and reinstall and see if that helps?

Let me know if I need to give more information.

Thanks!
Okay I looked in the file where the error was thrown and I have in_array() statement on line 1749 not 1752-- but you have just updated to the latest version from GitHub so how can that be?

As the adding the custom boxes, I just added a few this morning and had no problems or errors at all.

If it isn't too much trouble, could you try uninstalling ASB and then trying with a fresh install? If you still get the error with the newest version then give me steps to reproduce the error from a fresh install of ASB and I will look into it.

Sorry about the issues.