MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Advanced Sidebox 2.1.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
drag and drop works fine but seems you dont understand what is this see here http://www.w3schools.com/html/html5_draganddrop.asp
I think Wildcard did the right choice using Javascript instead of HTML5, which whereas is supported in all major browsers, isn't supported in older browsers. There are a lot of users who still use Internet Explorer 7 and 8, you have to think about them too.
(2013-02-26, 03:04 PM)Sms2luv Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-02-22, 11:21 PM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]Advanced Sidebox 1.6 is released

Destroy666 has done some fine work in touching up the default modules in the style department and many modules have received minor improvements because of his suggestions and those of sarge88

Brand new interface Big Grin

[Image: ss_ACP_2_zps811e49c1.gif]

Its all drag and drop now but don't worry if you don't have JavaScript enabled there is still full functionality. (but who doesn't allow JS in their own ACP Undecided )

Anyway there are a few good updates here, a couple of bug fixes but mostly the new look.

Cheers.

Hey, the interface I have to completely differe t than what you have.
I don't even have drag drop features.
Is there any way we can Dow load and add modules?

my post about drag and drop its about this quoted post
Ohh sorry then. I'm too lazy I didn't see some posts above yours.
(2013-02-26, 03:04 PM)Sms2luv Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, the interface I have to completely differe t than what you have.
I don't even have drag drop features.

Which version are you using?

(2013-02-26, 03:04 PM)Sms2luv Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any way we can Dow load and add modules?

You could if anyone had made any.

I package ASB with all the modules available right now. Modules are fairly simple to code, but someone has to be interested in making them first.

Is there something in particular you would like to request?

(2013-02-26, 03:25 PM)Shade Wrote: [ -> ]I think Wildcard did the right choice using Javascript instead of HTML5, which whereas is supported in all major browsers, isn't supported in older browsers. There are a lot of users who still use Internet Explorer 7 and 8, you have to think about them too.

I did consider doing things differently, but alienating even one user isn't okay with me.

(2013-02-23, 06:52 AM)bizzarela Wrote: [ -> ]any news about option to add sidebox inside the post

You have been asking for this for a while now and I feel bad that I still haven't made it happen.

I will be completely honest and say that I just don't know how it is supposed to work. How can side boxes be restricted to certain posts, threads or users when side boxes are available on scripts that don't carry pid or tid info?

And I cannot justify how the interface would change if I were to just make these permissions for every side box. If these rules are just ignored on pages where there is no info then it will quickly become confusing.

So, the news about per post/thread permissions is that I am trying but haven't made it past the planning stage.

As always, any thoughts or advice is welcome.
Any way to add boxes in center of the page
There is no way to to add boxes in the middle using the plugin at the moment. However everything you'll add between header and footer in most scripts' templates will go to the middle if you have both sidebars enabled.

Could you reply about the version? You got it fixed by installing the latest or still having problems with ACP? (had similar problem so wondering)
I've been working with your sidebox for a few days and have some suggestions for the future.

1) Be able to customize where the sidebox goes. I don't mean like put it in the middle or what, but be able to customize the padding. What if I want my sidebox to be further away from the board? Plus, I've noticed that sometimes the sidebars don't line up correctly. http://forum.sanguine-shroud.com/index.php if you look closely, the sidebar and forum are not at the same place as the update table. If I disable the sidebar, the forum is at the same place as the update table, so I know it is your code affecting this.

Which has me ask, as I do know PHP, what file is it on to change the actual design?

2) As I said before, global pages would be awesome! Big Grin

3) Very similar to design number 1, and that is having more options of where you place your sidebar. The sidebar is directly connected with the forum and starts where the forum does. Is it possible to be able to move it so it does not interact with the forum? http://enrai2.lindsiria.net/index.php would be my example. I want my sidebar to start next to my update table. However, that is impossible so I need to create a whole different table system for the log in.

4) It would be nifty if mods could be able to edit certain custom boxes from the mod control panel, instead of leaving the admins to do the work. I don't even know if this would be possible, I'm still looking for a news box that does this.

Either way, I love the new update, it makes things similar and I am just amazed at everything that can be accomplished. Thank you.
Hi Lindsiria. Smile

(2013-02-28, 01:22 AM)Lindsiria Wrote: [ -> ]I've been working with your sidebox for a few days and have some suggestions for the future.

1) Be able to customize where the sidebox goes. I don't mean like put it in the middle or what, but be able to customize the padding. What if I want my sidebox to be further away from the board? Plus, I've noticed that sometimes the sidebars don't line up correctly. http://forum.sanguine-shroud.com/index.php if you look closely, the sidebar and forum are not at the same place as the update table. If I disable the sidebar, the forum is at the same place as the update table, so I know it is your code affecting this.

Which has me ask, as I do know PHP, what file is it on to change the actual design?

inc/plugins/adv_sidebox/adv_sidebox_class_template_handler.php contains the actual edits to the templates themselves. There is a concrete class for each of the supported scripts which extend an abstract class to handle the broad strokes.

(2013-02-28, 01:22 AM)Lindsiria Wrote: [ -> ]2) As I said before, global pages would be awesome! Big Grin

The problem is that I can't just predict the hook names and how the template will be coded. And trying to think of how to work with Page Manager pages just makes my head hurt.

Also there is the problem that we already have eight scripts and (as Destroy666 pointed out) the display is so wide that in lo-res it gets weird looking (something else I have to look into).

So what happens when admin wants to add every script and there are more buttons on the ACP page than in a JC Penny catalog?

I think it awesome that you are thinking big though. I keep saying it but I am no developer. Google and MyBB forums has got me this far but there are some concepts that are still unclear and perhaps time with help and I can solve these riddles.

(2013-02-28, 01:22 AM)Lindsiria Wrote: [ -> ]3) Very similar to design number 1, and that is having more options of where you place your sidebar. The sidebar is directly connected with the forum and starts where the forum does. Is it possible to be able to move it so it does not interact with the forum? http://enrai2.lindsiria.net/index.php would be my example. I want my sidebar to start next to my update table. However, that is impossible so I need to create a whole different table system for the log in.

Destroy666 has suggested long ago that the plugin make edits to the actual forum templates rather than on-the-fly. In that scenario, you could make adjustments to where the side boxes begin and which content they are above below or beside by editing the template after install.

I have been reluctant to make that move, but only because I am unsure of what most admins would prefer.

What do you think?

(2013-02-28, 01:22 AM)Lindsiria Wrote: [ -> ]4) It would be nifty if mods could be able to edit certain custom boxes from the mod control panel, instead of leaving the admins to do the work. I don't even know if this would be possible, I'm still looking for a news box that does this.

No, that doesn't sound terribly hard.

Real life has got me a little tied up for the moment, but I will try to look into it. If you make an Issue on GitHub it will help remind me.

(2013-02-28, 01:22 AM)Lindsiria Wrote: [ -> ]Either way, I love the new update, it makes things similar and I am just amazed at everything that can be accomplished. Thank you.

Wow you are way too kind. I am just glad somebody is using it Smile

I know of at least three forums that use it so that is cool to me. Cool
don't work for me