MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Advanced Sidebox 2.1.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
and how to update this one? overwrite all files and do i lose plugin setup after do upgrade
Updating / upgrading function is exacly one of most important things that Wildcard is working on lately,
to provide as smooth and easy upgrading experience as possible,
and push a lot of importance to make sure that user customisations and options are preserved betwin versions.

I think you should wait for his explanation as he know more details about it.
ok thanks for support
(2013-01-28, 07:32 AM)bizzarela Wrote: [ -> ]what is new in 1.3.7 i still use 1.3.4

1.3.6 introduced Avril's Online Staff addon module

1.3.7 is a bug fix for latest threads modules

Complete Change Log is here: https://github.com/WildcardSearch/Advanc...Change-Log

(2013-01-28, 07:52 AM)avril Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-01-28, 07:47 AM)bizzarela Wrote: [ -> ]yap but in mod page its still 1.3.4 version??
Yes because Wildcard is very busy lately to update all links.

Yes that and it takes a while to get mods approved once they have been pushed to the mods site.

The staff here work very hard and I hate to create more work for them when 1.3.4 is a stable, working version. So until we test 1.3.7 completely or an urgent update is submitted then the mods site can serve 1.3.4 and anyone who wants to test the latest release may do so on GitHub.

(2013-01-28, 07:55 AM)bizzarela Wrote: [ -> ]and how to update this one? overwrite all files and do i lose plugin setup after do upgrade

Since 1.3.4 the upgrade procedure remains the same for all versions after:
  • Deactivate in ACP
  • Overwrite existing files
  • Activate and enjoy

No need to uninstall. Smile

Because of Avril's suggestion we have opened up a feature branch on GitHub to beta-release and test ASB 1.4 beta before the official version release.

Changes: (Still In Testing - Not to be used on a live forum)
  • Group permissions added to each sidebox
  • Settings moved from ACP Settings to individual sidebox settings (set on the add/edit page)
  • Updated core to track the version of addon modules and handle upgrades of addon modules seamlessly (to upgrade any module just overwrite files and its done)
  • Reduced total queries by providing a one-time load for all side boxes, addons, custom boxes, etc for all ACP page functions and encapsulated these routines into a core Sidebox_handler object

Known Issue:

When upgrading from 1.3.4 or later to 1.4 beta some preexisting side boxes aren't updated correctly. We are working to solve this.

Do not use 1.4 beta on a live board - I cannot stress this enough. To upgrade to the latest stable version use the master branch on GitHub or download from the mods site.
Very cool m8 Smile
Big Grin

I can't wait to get this released. I know you have been wanting group permissions Wink
Indeed looking forward to that. Smile Thanks Wildcard.
Just give us some time to test and discuss and we'll try to get something stable released.
Little question about the custom blocks when I change the background color. I changed the background color of my Portal Blocks. Now the standard blocks in your Plugin also look alright, however with the custom blocks there is an issue.

http://i.imgur.com/ygIiqOH.jpg

There is always that whitish top between the block header and the actual block content, and its only with custom blocks. How to get rid of that ?

Additionally, how can I change the header font color to a different one than white ?

http://i.imgur.com/oCICxEa.jpg

In the original Portal Blocks I could do that by using a slightly different class in the .css, but for your Plugin I don't see a "thead" declaration in the block's HTML that I can change to a different class with for example a different font color.

http://i.imgur.com/3DywXdW.jpg
The sideboxes' thead is contained in the core and using standard MyBB tables classes (tborder, trow1,2 etc) and so can be styled by modifying those class declarations in global.css

About the white line, can you give me a screen shot. I am not seeing it so it may be a browser thing.

Cheers