MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Advanced Sidebox 2.1.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not without making an edit (or five) to the plugin code. Not a bad idea though.

ASB 1.6.3 is released

Changes:
  • Invalid HTML output by the hide/show toggle functions was fixed
  • Latest threads side box now uses formatted user names (with no extra queries) and a setting was added to the statistics side box (off by default) to format the name of the last member (may require an extra query)
  • Custom boxes were not validated by content before Blush fixed that and added a placeholder in the list for custom boxes without descriptions
  • hide/show toggle link icons weren't working for portal.php due to my omitting the JS file include in the header for that replacement page . . . fixed

There are no life-or-death updates here just a few bug fixes so I will not be updating at the MyBB Mods site at this time, the GitHub repo is now serving 1.6.3

To upgrade simply overwrite the existing files. (deactivate the plugin if you like but it isn't necessary).

Cheers
(2013-05-12, 05:42 PM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]Not without making an edit (or five) to the plugin code. Not a bad idea though.

ASB 1.6.3 is released

Changes:
  • Invalid HTML output by the hide/show toggle functions was fixed
  • Latest threads side box now uses formatted user names (with no extra queries) and a setting was added to the statistics side box (off by default) to format the name of the last member (may require an extra query)
  • Custom boxes were not validated by content before Blush fixed that and added a placeholder in the list for custom boxes without descriptions
  • hide/show toggle link icons weren't working for portal.php due to my omitting the JS file include in the header for that replacement page . . . fixed

There are no life-or-death updates here just a few bug fixes so I will not be updating at the MyBB Mods site at this time, the GitHub repo is now serving 1.6.3

To upgrade simply overwrite the existing files. (deactivate the plugin if you like but it isn't necessary).

Cheers

It would be quite useful on my forum to have that feature. If it could be done, some sort of 'Select User-group' option would be greatly appreciated.
Hi
I am looking for sidebar, sidebox plugin etc.
Looking plugin:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/index.php

Advanced Sidebox v1.6.2 is problem
[Image: di-NIKN.png]

Button NEW REPLY (Dodaj temat) is displaced

How to do to display the sidebox: on every page?
Now is on home page only
HISmile
File: adv_sidebox_class_template_handler
Invalid HTML Smile
Replace:
alt="<" -> alt="Left Arrow" x2
alt=">" -> alt="Right Arrow" x2
Or it can be just changed to alt="&lt;" for left and title="&gt;" for right.
(2013-05-16, 06:31 PM)iluzjonista15 Wrote: [ -> ]HISmile
File: adv_sidebox_class_template_handler
Invalid HTML Smile
alt="<"

Good catch, I didn't think of that. Thanks.

(2013-05-16, 06:57 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]Or it can be just changed to alt="&lt;" for left and title="&gt;" for right.

^that makes sense to me, I will do it on the next commit.

Thanks to you both. Smile
Advanced Sidebox 1.7 is released.

Changes:
  • Added optional AJAX update to the core and to five of the modules (Latest Threads, Who's Online, Staff Online, PMs and Random Quotes)-- Each box that supports AJAX update will have an extra setting to specify the amount of delay (in seconds) between updates.

AJAX refresh is set to 0 (off) for all new modules.

• Fixed the error mentioned in the previous post so the HTML validates

• Sat for hours posting on one tab and watching it magically show up on the other tab . . . Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

To upgrade just overwrite existing files, to install copy the files and Install & Activate.

Cheers Smile
(2013-05-25, 02:24 AM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]Advanced Sidebox 1.7 is released.

Changes:
  • Added optional AJAX update to the core and to five of the modules (Latest Threads, Who's Online, Staff Online, PMs and Random Quotes)-- Each box that supports AJAX update will have an extra setting to specify the amount of delay (in seconds) between updates.

AJAX refresh is set to 0 (off) for all new modules.

• Fixed the error mentioned in the previous post so the HTML validates

• Sat for hours posting on one tab and watching it magically show up on the other tab . . . Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

To upgrade just overwrite existing files, to install copy the files and Install & Activate.

Cheers Smile

Thanks for that. I haven't experienced any issues with the previous version of this plugin. I have made inserted some custom code in custom boxes, will it still remain when I upgrade?

And is there any way to remove the collapsible option (the - sign at the top of the sidebar?).

Thanks so much for taking the time to help the community.
(2013-05-25, 02:52 AM)Tato Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for that. I haven't experienced any issues with the previous version of this plugin. I have made inserted some custom code in custom boxes, will it still remain when I upgrade?

You won't lose any of your work. Nothing has changed with the database or anything, I've just updated the old scripts and added a new one for the AJAX.

(2013-05-25, 02:52 AM)Tato Wrote: [ -> ]And is there any way to remove the collapsible option (the - sign at the top of the sidebar?).

Its not a simple setting if that's what you're asking-- if you know a little PHP you could go in and strip it out but sorry I haven't made a setting for that. Sad

(2013-05-25, 02:52 AM)Tato Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks so much for taking the time to help the community.

You're welcome. Smile
jump from 1.6.3 to 1.7 lol still use 1.6.3