MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Advanced Sidebox 2.1.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Without a doubt, it did. It's turned it into a whole new animal.

Wanted to add a couple of suggestions. Not sure if they're implementable one way or another now, but I don't see the options in settings.

- Allow for a titles to be linkable. Either with HTML in the settings title box, or by a separate settings box (Ex: Title links to (doesn't link if left blank): http://www.mysite.com/forum/Forum-technology). I tried with HTML in the title box, but it was a no go. The reason is that I'm using a particular forum for a latest threads, but want the title to link directly to the forum it's showing the threads from so users can easily click to see more without searching through the list of forums.

- Allow for 'sticky threads' only option (if checked and FID(s) entered, then will pull only sticky threads from those forums). Example of use, I have a tutorials area and want only the actual sticky tutorial threads to show up in the side boxes. Not threads that aren't stickied. Yes, this could be done by using TIDs, but much more tedious to add all tutorial TIDs and it would constantly need to be modified as new tutorials were added.

Anyways. Just a couple of suggestions. No idea if possible or how difficult to implement.

I also have a question. Is there any way to remove a left or right sidebar from a particular theme? I have both left and right implemented now, but it's a bit much for GoMobile. Would like to remove the right sidebar from GoMobile only. I don't know if this is possible, or maybe could be an option in the future to choose which sidebar shows up in which theme... Specifically for instances like this where someone uses GoMobile.
(2014-04-11, 05:40 PM)DrXotick Wrote: [ -> ]Without a doubt, it did. It's turned it into a whole new animal.

Thanks. Honest feedback is good and even if you have something negative to say, don't hesitate. Smile

(2014-04-11, 05:40 PM)DrXotick Wrote: [ -> ]- Allow for a titles to be linkable.

That makes perfect sense to me. And I can't imagine it being very hard to do either.

(2014-04-11, 05:40 PM)DrXotick Wrote: [ -> ]- Allow for 'sticky threads' only option

Another good idea.

(2014-04-11, 05:40 PM)DrXotick Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any way to remove a left or right sidebar from a particular theme?

Not at present.

I have been aware for some time that ASB is still lacking one aspect of control: theme-specific settings. I've tried to offset the lack of per theme controls with things like theme-specific templates, the theme exclude list, etc., but there is no substitute for complete separation.

I can't make any promises, but I will give some thought to giving admin more control in this area.

Thanks so much for your time and advice. We are well into changes for 2.1 and this would be the perfect time for any suggestions so keep them coming. Smile
Possibly an option in each sidebox to allow which theme it shows in or is excluded from so all boxes in the left sidebar could be excluded from GoMobile... as opposed to, or in addition to if the sidebar shows up at all in a particular theme.

Again, just thinking out loud. Thanks for hearing the suggestions.
That's what I had thought to do, just add an option in create/edit that would default to visible for all themes but would allow exclusion.

https://github.com/WildcardSearch/Advanc...issues/172
Another suggestion... Link at bottom of box. Example:

*checkbox* Show link at bottom
---*textbox* Link text (if blank then will read "See more...")
---*textbox* Links to (if blank then will link to first FID in show FID box, if FID box blank and this box blank then links to default MyBB view new posts)

Another suggestion

*TID Show List* (already implemented)
---*checkbox* (keep these threads out of all other boxes (effectively adds them to Thread Hide List in all boxes UNLESS manually added to TID Show List in a given box)
Hello,

I love the plugin.

I searched through some of the thread, but there are a lot of pages.

Is it possible have the sidebar show up on all pages?

It's not showing the thread and forum display page.
(2014-04-12, 09:07 PM)primster7 Wrote: [ -> ]It's not showing the thread and forum display page.

https://github.com/WildcardSearch/Advanc...rumdisplay
<error>
	<dateline>1397511071</dateline>
	<script>inc/plugins/asb/classes/module.php</script>
	<line>291</line>
	<type>2</type>
	<friendly_type>Warning</friendly_type>
	<message>Illegal string offset 'title'</message>
</error>
Thanks for the report. That bug had already been addressed and the fix will be released with version 2.1.

https://github.com/WildcardSearch/Advanc...issues/161
I have been working with an ACP theme and have found a couple of errors in acp.php and the css

look at the screen shot [Image: acp.png]

you will notice a . appears at the top of the screen and shifts the header down by one line and the css adds a background to the href in question.

also jquery error 'Uncaught ReferenceError: Droppables is not defined' is triggered at asb.js line 118

I would guess the '.' lies on line 872 of acp.php after the </script> tag I may be nit picking but so far this is the only plugin that has given errors within the the acp theme I am producing