MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Advanced Sidebox 2.1.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The display order I have chosen is random-- this I do not deny.

However, if there are two settings groups with the same display order the first alphabetically will show first.
and someone tell me how to change it?

[Image: di-E2BY.jpg]
After updating to new version of mybb, suddenly i m seeing this ... "public_html/inc/languages/english/admin/adv_sidebox.lang.php does not exist in my plugins section.
Now i do not see any plugin at all, but all are working and only seeing this lines.
^ @ new1, follow this guidance
(2013-10-17, 09:40 PM)thailand Wrote: [ -> ]and someone tell me how to change it?

[Image: di-E2BY.jpg]

change to which one ?? image 1 to image 2 or image 2 to image 1 ?

(2013-10-16, 06:45 PM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]The display order I have chosen is random-- this I do not deny.

However, if there are two settings groups with the same display order the first alphabetically will show first.

Found something else

if the forum is allowed to have html content and a post is written, ASB 2.0 modules do not handle the html gracefully

example post first line
<h1><center>Hello All</center></h1>

this breaks the side box as when it displays it inherits the class (in this case <h1>) perhaps ASB needs to strip out html when it parses the message ?

Ok next issue

the templates are a bit weird .... the template asb_begin should perhaps hold the whole page .... meaning it should close rather than leaving other templates to close the output ( where is the
</table>
that is started in asb_begin ?) ... if the templates are streamlined it will make it easy to produce some nice boxes
I can see what you mean. I think the only reason the templates are in sequential 'pieces' rather than a layered set is for the compatability with Page Manager and external pages (to make it simpler to insert the start and end markers)
(2013-10-26, 01:16 AM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]I can see what you mean. I think the only reason the templates are in sequential 'pieces' rather than a layered set is for the compatability with Page Manager and external pages (to make it simpler to insert the start and end markers)

here is a screenshot of html in a post breaking the recent posts module
[attachment=30389]
I guess I'll have to re write the module to fix this.

you may also notice that if a user is deleted, and has a recent post, the module returns a blank string for the user link where as mybb returns a string (rather than a link) containing the deleted user name (from <table_prefix>posts->username). I guess most admins would prune the deleted user's posts and threads, so it's not a problem but it's possible some would not know who to do this
A htmlspecialchars_uni() on the output should solve the issue.
(2013-10-26, 02:02 PM)Shade Wrote: [ -> ]A htmlspecialchars_uni() on the output should solve the issue.

which one ??? I did identify 2 issues

MikeInToshx

Im still having trouble adding google adsense or facebook plugin to the sidebox WITHOUT having that damn title and border around it.. used to have a "wrap content" button..
I tried everything.
Can someoen tel l me step by step how to do so? thanks