MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Advanced Sidebox 2.1.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Argggg I just finished my plugin Big Grin

I will see how it works with new version (fear of brokenness)
Wow man. This is awesome. Looking forward to checking this out. I did request feature to show left or right depending on theme, but choosing boxes depending on theme is even better. I assume if I select all boxes to not show from one side on one theme , then it will eliminate that sidebar entirely. I hope you understand my semantics : )

Looks great like an awesome update. I've increasingly been frustrated when wanting to view more in an FID specific box when outside the index (or even within the index). ... Example, reading a thread and then looking at a sidebox and wanting to see more from it, but having to go back to index and seek out the proper forum to do so. The linkable box title goes a long way towards solving this.

Any plan on adding "See more..." "Click for more..." "Read more...." at the bottom with the option to add what that links to? Don't get me wrong... it's a great plugin and features are awesome. It's completely changed the way my forum is run navigation wise.
(2014-05-06, 01:07 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Argggg I just finished my plugin Big Grin

I will see how it works with new version (fear of brokenness)

It will certainly break.

Really for your module it will come down to changing two things. First, add a compatibility property in _info():

function asb_simple_example_info()
{
	return array	(
		"title" => 'title',
		"description" => 'description',
		"wrap_content" => true,
		"version" => '1',
		// add this line
		"compatibility" => '2.1',
	);
}

and then any settings referenced need to be changed from:

$settings['setting_name']['value']

to:

$settings['setting_name']

If you have any problems, don't hesitate to shout.

(2014-05-06, 02:32 PM)DrXotick Wrote: [ -> ]Wow man. This is awesome. Looking forward to checking this out.

Big Grin Thanks a lot.

(2014-05-06, 02:32 PM)DrXotick Wrote: [ -> ]I did request feature to show left or right depending on theme, but choosing boxes depending on theme is even better.

Good. Let me know if it allows you to do what you want.

(2014-05-06, 02:32 PM)DrXotick Wrote: [ -> ]Any plan on adding "See more..." "Click for more..." "Read more...." at the bottom with the option to add what that links to?

I'll have to look, but I believe that in any modules where it is appropriate we are doing that already.

But keep in mind that all the modules use templates so if you want a footer link, just open the template and add:

<tr>
<td class="tfoot"><link here></td>
</tr>
Thanks Wildcard - that looks doable.

A question - is it possible to add css etc to the header of a specific page - as a stylesheet?
I haven't tried it but I imagine that globalizing $headerinclude would work from a module.
Thanks Wildcard - my plugin is ready Big Grin I made it to replace a ProPortal plugin I made a while ago for Shemo on Shavenook.
Am I missing something with the action & page setings ?

should I be able to type ?fid=2 into the action value and the sidebox triggers when it reads forumdisplay.php?fid=2 and not on forumdisplay.php?fid=24 or is it just the action v,ariable trapped ?? I guess the latter.

However I guess I am asking for a feauture which is to display the sideboxes on certain forums only .... this is useful with the xthreads plugin.

Another question can you add multiple refs to the same script so you can have different results if the same script is ran with a different action ?
@Wildcard - I am unsure what to do next with my ASB plugin. Uploading it I mean. What do you recommend?
(2014-05-03, 02:05 AM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]I installed xThreads once and it just made me feel stupid. :s I couldn't do anything cool at all . . .

examples of xthreads doing something useful

A working shop ... I did need to code the Instant Payment Notification to go with it ....

This allows the site owner to add items to his shop as easy as adding a thread to a forum... xthreads has simple validation ... I coded some extra

Media Gallery
this is work in progress put uses xthreads filter to filter on media types.

This site goes live next month so the shop is in sandbox mode if you dare try it Smile
(2014-05-07, 01:10 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]@Wildcard - I am unsure what to do next with my ASB plugin. Uploading it I mean. What do you recommend?

Lee remind me if this is a MyBB plugin with an ASB module integrated or simply an ASB module stand-alone . . .

If it is just the module, then you could create a GitHub repo for it and/or a MyBB release thread as Tanweth did with At Home Polls (before it was an entire plugin).

If it is a plugin with an ASB module, then just handle it by uploading the plugin as normal. The ASB module will only affect those with ASB so no need to separate the files.

If I am completely wrong, then I am sure you will tell me :p

(2014-05-07, 01:13 PM)JimR Wrote: [ -> ]examples of xthreads doing something useful

Oh I wasn't saying that xThreads isn't useful. I am just saying that I suck at it Big Grin