MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Advanced Sidebox 2.1.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been using Nayar's sidebar plugin for awhile and noticed your plugin has the same problem as his.

They don't work globally.

I was wondering if it was possible to make it so it appears on every page: member profiles, registering, logging in, etc? Example in case I was not clear: http://www.rantcentralforums.com/memberlist.php I have a feeling this is impossible though, or else both of you would have already done it.

I've been manually adding hooks to each page of my forum to get it to appear on more pages, and some of them just do not work, such as having sidebars when people are checking out someones profile. It's annoying.

It's a good plugin though, thanks Smile
(2013-02-09, 08:02 AM)bizzarela Wrote: [ -> ]works like charm for now Thanks

Awesome. Smile

Thanks for all your help.

(2013-02-09, 08:20 AM)Lindsiria Wrote: [ -> ]I've been using Nayar's sidebar plugin for awhile and noticed your plugin has the same problem as his.

They don't work globally.

When 1.4 series seems to be ironed out of any (or most) bugs or issues the plan is to start on 1.5 series.

What I hope to accomplish is to completely rework the template editing system and allow admin to specify more than just the 'main four' scripts.

Of course this will require a bit of research to determine the best way to edit those templates.

It has been suggested that showthread and forumdisplay templates can be edited in a better way and I have yet to give that suggestion the attention it is worth. It will get a look soon providing that I have the time.

(2013-02-09, 08:20 AM)Lindsiria Wrote: [ -> ]It's a good plugin though, thanks Smile

Smile

You might not think so, but feedback about what you don't like about a plugin is extremely helpful. Your advice and feedback is greatly appreciated.
I figured it was something like that. I have basic PHP knowledge and tried to make it work myself, but making anything global seems to be much more complicated.

I'll just keep checking on this plugin every so often to see if it's been updated. And if it ever becomes global, I'll dance around with joy. Either way, It's a great plugin so far and I'm glad you are still actively working on it.
Hi,

I have just installed on mybb 1.6.9, but when I try to manage my sideboxes, access is denied...that's strange because I am the admin, however I get in ACP an Access Denied: "You do not have permission to access this part of the administration control panel."

Any guess?

Also, no sidebox is visible on the forum, even if on my User CP is checked.
ACP -> Users & Groups -> Admin Permissions -> [Your user name]

look for 'User can manage sideboxes' (should be the last entry) and turn it on and save.
The problem is that I cannot find the "manage sideboxes" under Admin Permission, the entry does not show...

Sorry I was mistaken. Found it. Thanks much for your help.
Are you the SuperAdmin?

EDIT: missed your response

Cheers Smile
I just been using this for a week, i like it but it seems to be a bit glitchy.
I'd can't add new modules and would like to have an editor at "manage modules" instead of only delete.

Currently i manage to edit the template at global adv_sidebox_example (example 2) that's the only way (and only one) i figured out to let it work.

Suggestions Wildcard?
(2013-02-13, 03:45 PM)DutchSnake Wrote: [ -> ]I just been using this for a week, i like it but it seems to be a bit glitchy.

Glitchy how?

(2013-02-13, 03:45 PM)DutchSnake Wrote: [ -> ]I'd can't add new modules and would like to have an editor at "manage modules" instead of only delete.

I am afraid you don't understand how add-on modules work.

To add a new module you would need to write a new PHP script that meets the necessary Requirements for add-on modules.

If you would like to add static HTML boxes then those are termed as 'custom' boxes in ASB.

(2013-02-13, 03:45 PM)DutchSnake Wrote: [ -> ]Currently i manage to edit the template at global adv_sidebox_example (example 2) that's the only way (and only one) i figured out to let it work.

Continuing from above, the particular module filename that makes example 2 work is located at yoururl.com/inc/plugins/adv_sidebox/modules/example2.php

This script uses the template you have edited to produce content so when you edit the template it affects the way that the side box is produced. To edit how the actual content is produced, you would need to edit the actual PHP module file.

(2013-02-13, 03:45 PM)DutchSnake Wrote: [ -> ]Suggestions Wildcard?

Maybe post what it is exactly that you want to accomplish and I will give you an honest answer whether you can do it with ASB (yet) or not.

Thanks for your interest.
Excellent plugin gets better with every improvement, love the ability to select which user groups can view which side box.

Nice one Wildcard and thanks to all involved for all the hard work. Cool