MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Advanced Sidebox 2.1.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey take your time, life comes first. Look forward to when you release this update Smile
(2013-03-27, 06:01 PM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Dan,
The reason you can't get the sideboxes to work is because the hook isn't being added for those pages and because the templates aren't gettin edited.

I know I keep saying this but I am trying very hard to make some progress on the next update-- the reason it is taking so long is that I have come with an idea that makes it possible the admin to add their own specific scripts to be used in the plugin.

It is taking much longer because of some new responsibilities I have taken on. I apologize for the delay.

Take your tine mate I went through a real tough 6 months myself.

I will send you some code that I did for the cms I was building based on mybb that may help as I had some replace code so the block could be placed anywhe re
Thanks for being patient guys. Should I ever get finished I have high hopes that you guys will like what I have in mind.

At least I hope so Toungue
can i put MyStatus inside and if yes how?
Early on custom side box content was eval()'d just like the add-on side box output is-- so that meant template variables worked inside custom side boxes. Unfortunately that proved to be a little too prone to user errors crashing the forum so it has been removed (in 1.4.2).

So unfortunately that means that there isn't a way to put MyStatus Latest Statuses in a side box at this time . . .

however it would be a simple matter to create an add-on that would do that. Of course, I would need Euan's permission to make that integration . . .
You mean template variables can't be used at all? I mean - even in scripts where they potentially could be used because they're hooked there? In MyStatus case on index?
Yes that is what I mean. I preferred it the other way but like I said admins were crashing their forum with bad code.
ASB 1.6.1 is released

Changes:
  • Fixed the Staff Online box (error in last commit)
  • Thanks to Destroy666 for reporting the search text input overflowing the box/fxt
  • Bug fixed where the hide/show toggle JS would fail if there were only boxes on one side
  • Bug fixed where side boxes lose their display order when being edited
  • Bug fixed where double quotes in theme names break the Theme EXCLUDE List

Still a few more bugs to work out before I can start on 1.7 but this is a pretty good update. It is available on GitHub, but I won't update at the mods site until I get the next update finished.

1.6.1 @ GitHub: https://github.com/WildcardSearch/Advanced-Sidebox

Cheers
Thanks Wildcard working a treat and Online Staff box is working well now. Cool
You're welcome.

There are a few more things to work out but then I hope to begin on 1.7 Smile