MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Advanced Sidebox 2.1.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thanx very much installed and works great no problem amazing plugin very impressed
Thanks a lot Smile
Glad to hear the solution was found. If it's alright with you, I would appreciate getting the search and replace info from you, since that'll save me having to try to remember to check it whenever I make a change until the update. Thanks for looking into it so promptly. Smile
Okay the easiest way is to look in inc/plugins/adv_sidebox/acp_functions.php (around line #1413) and replace the entire adv_sidebox_serialize function to this:

function adv_sidebox_serialize()
{
    global $mybb;

// only serialize our setting if it is being saved (thanks to Tanweth for helping me find this)
	if(isset($mybb->input['upsetting']['adv_sidebox_exclude_theme']))
	{
		$mybb->input['upsetting']['adv_sidebox_exclude_theme'] = serialize($mybb->input['upsetting']['adv_sidebox_exclude_theme']);
	}
}

Am working on an update for MentionMe today and will get started on ASB at the very next break in my schedule.

Cheers.
Implemented the code change. Thank you very much, and looking forward to seeing what the next update has in store for us. Smile
Things always move slower than I'd like them to, but I am certainly trying my best.

Thanks to all for being patient with me.
Pushed 1.7.2 to GitHub-- just some maintenance mostly but I did discover an embarrassing error in logic I had made.

ASB modules use an average of two templates apiece, but a few have as many as four and so on a decked-out index page with many boxes, we could be talking about twenty templates easily. Well unfortunately I hadn't thought to cache the templates Sad I really even hate to admit it.

Well we are caching the templates now . . . sorry. On the bright side, I have much less queries on my index page on RC.

So, yeah, download the update here: https://github.com/WildcardSearch/Advanc...master.zip

I'll update the mods site in a bit once I've had a chance to handle the last report that is currently up on GH. Just wanted to go ahead and get this out there.
Adding something like addthis buttons, taking only a few seconds! It is really great to have such a powerful plugin.

I have one question, if I want to include a template parsed in advanced side box or include php, what needs to be done?
Hi wildcard
great plugin Smile

Request : can u help me how to show it in the search results page search.php ?

Regards
(2013-07-07, 04:09 PM)techlib Wrote: [ -> ]It is really great to have such a powerful plugin.

Thank you. Smile

(2013-07-07, 04:09 PM)techlib Wrote: [ -> ]I have one question, if I want to include a template parsed in advanced side box or include php, what needs to be done?

I don't know what you are asking.

(2013-07-10, 05:11 AM)meethere Wrote: [ -> ]Hi wildcard
great plugin Smile

Thank you. Smile

(2013-07-10, 05:11 AM)meethere Wrote: [ -> ]Request : can u help me how to show it in the search results page search.php ?

There are several things that would need to change. If there is enough interest I will consider adding that script to the core.