MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Advanced Sidebox 2.1.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-04-13, 03:04 PM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]I have never used a portal plugin at all. What features would need to be added, in your opinion?

This - http://community.mybb.com/thread-63150.h...=proportal

If someone would just port this mod or create something similar and keep it updated....would be EPIC !
Okay so you are suggesting the same thing as Wolfseye-- allow the portal to differ in that you can customize the middle as well?

I have fought this in the past but only because I didn't want to overreach-- and the same sentiment prevails . . . I still haven't worked out all the bugs in this release so I can't commit to that change, but I will give it some more thought.

Thanks for the suggestion. Smile
np boss, hope you reconsider and bust this out Smile
Does this work with 1.6.9?

Thanks

Smile
Yes it does. Lucky for me or I would have tons of support threads to answer Toungue
lol you already have 31 pages for this mod Smile
:p

I sorry.
HiSmile
Please improve file adv_sidebox_class_template_handler.php

Line: 128
Before:

else
{
$this->left_content = '<a style="display: none;" id="asb_hide_column_left" href="#"></a>';
}
After
else
{
$this->left_content = '<td><a style="display: none;" id="asb_hide_column_left" href="#"></a></td>';
}

and Line 145:
Before:[/b]
else
{
$this->right_content = '<a style="display: none;" id="asb_hide_column_right" href="#"></a>';
}
After
else
{
$this->right_content = '<td><a style="display: none;" id="asb_hide_column_right" href="#"></a></td>';
}
Not sure if I already let you know but I love this plugin! One of my favorites.
Keep up the good work! Smile
(2013-04-20, 08:24 PM)iluzjonista15 Wrote: [ -> ]Please improve file adv_sidebox_class_template_handler.php

I'll look at it, thanks.

(2013-04-21, 03:27 AM)maniacmusic Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure if I already let you know but I love this plugin! One of my favorites.
Keep up the good work! Smile

Thanks for your kind words. Smile

@Destroy666 and whomever wanted me to change the plugin to edit templates directly:

I have been beating my head against the wall for weeks now and the bottom line is that it isn't going to happen.

For ASB to do its thing, it must have hooks in place and also be able to pin-point which template to edit and how to do so . . . if I just edit templates and insert placeholders the results become too erratic and it is very easy to have new admins crashing their forum and piling up support threads--

BUT

I have an idea that I going to try as soon as there is time in which the admin can add custom scripts to the list by specifying some advanced info (script filename, hook, template name, search for, etc.) . . . in this way we could add normal MyBB forum pages and then have a set of boxes for misc.php (Page Manager) pages. Frankly I don't even know if it will be a solution but neither is editing templates at installation-- too many options are removed by doing that.

Sorry I tried.