MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Advanced Sidebox 2.1.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I came across a bug I think
if you start with a clean install of mybb install Advanced Sidebox 1.3
then add Latest Threads box

you get this when you go to the index page

MyBB SQL Error

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')' at line 1
Query:
SELECT tid,dateline FROM mybb_threadsread WHERE uid='1' AND tid IN()
Good find Wink

I updated the project on GitHub and the mods site (awaiting validation).

Thanks a lot for helping to test and make this plugin better Smile
Well np I try to help where I can. There are a few side box plugins out there paid and free.
I used labrocca's My Side Boxes 1.3 from Mybb Central but my account ran out it was like $5.00 for a year now its $10.00 for life time but this was a long time ago.I do not think there has been any updates to it since 2009.
Now that I found your plugin I think I will use it

I really like the expand/collapse you add also.
and yours is free and you also got a lot you can do with your Advanced Side boxes

Question
does you plugin remember settings and custom boxes if you disable it?
(2013-01-12, 05:30 AM)Howman Wrote: [ -> ]I really like the expand/collapse you add also.

It wasn't my idea :p

'Someone' suggested it on GitHub Big Grin

Thanks for an excellent suggestion that turned out to be fairly easy to do and also opened up new thoughts for improving the plugin.

(2013-01-12, 05:30 AM)Howman Wrote: [ -> ]Question
does you plugin remember settings and custom boxes if you disable it?

If you Deactivate the plugin it 'remembers' all the settings and sideboxes, types, etc. because they are stored in the database. However, if you Uninstall everything will be lost.

Another user has mentioned how difficult it is to recreate all that work so I am looking into finding a way to add import/export capabilities so that admin can 'save' the work they've done.

In this way the admin can backup settings before a full reinstall (should another version require a that).

Thanks again for your hard work and effort. Smile
(2013-01-10, 09:50 PM)Wolfseye Wrote: [ -> ]I stay with the current Version. I dont want to redo things all the time. Especially since I never had any plugin I had to completely remove for an update, and with that loose all settings.
Ah, now i understand where from 'request to add export settings' came Toungue
@Wolfseye
Advanced Sideboxes plugin is Great, but i can see, with each update it gets even greater!!
Believe me, It would be a waste to not update to new version when it came out.
(2013-01-12, 12:37 PM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]Another user has mentioned how difficult it is to recreate all that work so I am looking into finding a way to add import/export capabilities so that admin can 'save' the work they've done.

In this way the admin can backup settings before a full reinstall (should another version require a that).

Why save it ??? Any other plugin pretty much, when you update it, you disable them, overwrite the old files with the ones from the new version and re-enable it.

No plugin has literally a SAVE function. Seems to work fine without it. You just need to make it that an update don't require a complete deinstall first, in which of course all settings & blocks are gone before reinstalling it.

(2013-01-12, 01:33 PM)avril Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, now i understand where from 'request to add export settings' came Toungue

Actually I didn't request a Export-Settings feature. Its just that updating any other plugin doesn't require a complete deinstall. So if all the other plugins can be updated without that, I am sure this one could do that too.

And if it were just a few Settings that wouldn't even be the problem. But everytime I am supposed to re-create the blocks as well, especially when I did custom blocks etc. ? You can't be serious. Thats far more than a few settings.
I think there is a misunderstanding here Wolf.

As far as I can work out from what Wildcard is saying, he has updated the plugin so that in the future, after using this version, a full uninstall is NOT required to upgrade.

What you could do, before upgrading, is go to the acp, make copies of the HTML in the custom blocks (using notepad) then uninstall - upgrade - copy pasta - and then going forward I think it will be ok?
Hi Lee,

from what I understand is that the current Version doesn't have that yet. And I wondered because any Plugin I ever tried, and trust me, its a lot Big Grin never needed to be re-done with all settings before, just because of an update. Normally you dont need to uninstall a Plugin completely to update.

Thats why I wondered. And before there isn't a Version I am sure will do the same, I will stay with 1.2. I can wait. Wink
Well, there are a fair few plugins that DID need to do that when the author made a major change to HOW the plugin ran.

Trust me on that. Wink
Ok, then it seems I have tried over 80 without that need. Wink