MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Advanced Sidebox 2.1.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-09-11, 04:45 AM)dthiago Wrote: [ -> ][Image: qm4ghEi.png]

how to remove "Last Post " - i just want the avatar.

In ACP->Templates & Style->Global Templates, look for 'asb_latest_threads_thread' and then you may edit that template in any way you like. (Remove anything you like, leave anything you like.

(2013-09-11, 04:45 AM)dthiago Wrote: [ -> ]Size need a settings to replace all others.

If some template had a avatar we need options to control size without edit templates.

When you create the Latest Threads side box (or edit it) look for the 'Settings' tab and you will find that I have added an avatar width parameter Wink

(2013-09-11, 04:45 AM)dthiago Wrote: [ -> ]thx! sry for english again.

You're welcome. Your English was fine, I understood everything you asked.
@ WC, a couple of friends have been asking for including ASB on search results pages.
I've tried search_results_start & search_results_end hooks but could not get it working.
if possible, could you check & provide guidance please

and with the earlier version,
if drag & drop feature was not working in a browser (eg. Chrome) , still we were able to configure
ASB by clicking on the block names. that facility is not available with the new version Sad
(2013-09-11, 02:35 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]@ WC, a couple of friends have been asking for including ASB on search results pages.
I've tried search_results_start & search_results_end hooks but could not get it working.
if possible, could you check & provide guidance please

Okay the thing to remember is that search results are delivered in two different ways: thread lists and post lists.

An example of the thread list (View Today's Posts actually is by thread by default for example):

This is a bare-minimum implementation:

basic search results (threads)

With a little editing of that we can make the tables line up much better:

better search results (threads)

These are both based on the MyBB Default theme so the second one may or may not work on other themes, you'll need to check things out and see.

Also keep in mind that if you don't have anything good to search for in the header, you can always manually add an HTML comment <!-- ASB --> or some other marker to aide the editing.

(2013-09-11, 02:35 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]and with the earlier version,
if drag & drop feature was not working in a browser (eg. Chrome) , still we were able to configure
ASB by clicking on the block names. that facility is not available with the new version Sad

I'll have a look, but I didn't know the JS was failing for anyone on Chrome Sad

In my browser Fx, I can deactivate JS on that page and click the add-on titles to add side boxes. IIRC I didn't change any of the JS on the Manage Sideboxes page, but I'll take a look and get back to you.

I did, however notice that I made a mistake with the JS for the Manage Scripts page and I will get a small update to GitHub today some time to fix that.

I got the JS on Script Management straightened out. The GitHub repo has been updated.

I didn't mention it, but on the script edit page there is some hook and template detection to aid in adding scripts. It should now be working.
I like the 2.0. Awesome work. Finally thread id in random quotes. Big Grin

But i am still looking for the most wanted feature in mybb, a reliable and good looking POLL on sideboxes. I hope you'll add this soon.

Thanks for the update.
(2013-09-14, 10:19 AM)k1R@ Wrote: [ -> ]I like the 2.0. Awesome work. Finally thread id in random quotes. Big Grin

Big Grin I have been meaning to get that done. It is nice to be able to feature random posts from one particular thread Smile

(2013-09-14, 10:19 AM)k1R@ Wrote: [ -> ]But i am still looking for the most wanted feature in mybb, a reliable and good looking POLL on sideboxes. I hope you'll add this soon.

Destroy666 (I think) asked for that a year ago and I never got around to it. Will put it on the list. Thanks for the reminder.

(2013-09-14, 10:19 AM)k1R@ Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the update.

You're always welcome Smile
Thanks. I had a introduce yourself thread instead of a forum so this is kinda perfect for me now. Big Grin
Again, I have to be honest and say that a lot of the things I have added benefit my forum greatly too, so it isn't completely selfless Wink

My folks like the avatars everywhere too Big Grin

MikeInToshx

Nice, but..

Why is a name required now, for a custom box? I used to be able to not have a "title bar' under my google ads / facebook plugin in a custom box.

And the option to not display it on certen pages?
Nothing has changed in regards to custom boxes having a title or not-- if you don't want the side box window to be wrapped, untick 'Use Template' to create a box without a header or table.

MikeInToshx

(2013-09-15, 09:23 PM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]Nothing has changed in regards to custom boxes having a title or not-- if you don't want the side box window to be wrapped, untick 'Use Template' to create a box without a header or table.

It is already unticked. Does show the header.