MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Advanced Sidebox 2.1.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
No problems. It should probably be in the OP but it got so large . . . :p
ASB 2.0.5 Released (Available on GitHub)

Changes
  • Fixed a bug with AJAX update as reported by Destroy666
  • Fixed an error where collapsed side boxes were still being updated as reported by Destroy666
  • Fixed an incorrect template name that caused Random Quotes module to break as reported by Destroy666 (what a hard worker Smile )
  • Earlier on there was a bug with the drag and drop in ACP and I couldn't figure it out so I was forced to stick with Prototype 1.7.0.0 while the rest of MyBB was on 1.7.1.0 for my ACP routines, but I finally figured out the cause.

https://prototype.lighthouseapp.com/proj...ckets/1384

In version 1.7.1.0 the behavior of the Form.serialize() function was changed and serializing multiple select elements causes a Type Error.

So now that I know the problem I was able to pre-serialize the multiple select elements and get ASB back up to the correct PT version. (I wonder if anyone reads this stuff Toungue)

I'll get the mods site update in a bit.
I cant get the ASB to show up on a new created page on my forum "www.forumname.com/shoutbox.php"

Seems like he doesnt accept the hook? I dont know.

The template is mysb_shoutbox_popup, and I tried using the hook mysb_shoutbox_popup_start, just like all the default scripts do, but it doesnt work. Can u help me pls?
(2014-02-08, 11:50 PM)Gobee129 Wrote: [ -> ]I cant get the ASB to show up on a new created page on my forum "www.forumname.com/shoutbox.php"

Check out the examples linked in the second post of this thread: http://community.mybb.com/thread-131633-...#pid956497

Here is the custom script example: http://community.mybb.com/attachment.php?aid=30915
(2014-02-09, 12:22 AM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-02-08, 11:50 PM)Gobee129 Wrote: [ -> ]I cant get the ASB to show up on a new created page on my forum "www.forumname.com/shoutbox.php"

Check out the examples linked in the second post of this thread: http://community.mybb.com/thread-131633-...#pid956497

Here is the custom script example: http://community.mybb.com/attachment.php?aid=30915

I cant really make much of that...

I added {$asb_right} to my template, and also added

global $asb_left, $asb_right;

$plugins->run_hooks('mypage_start');

to shoutbox.php

After that, the script also detected the hook "mypage_start" and I used it, but still nothing :/
(2014-02-09, 12:36 AM)Gobee129 Wrote: [ -> ]I cant really make much of that...

Sure you can. Just use it as an example and see what is different that shouldn't be.
(2014-02-09, 12:42 AM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-02-09, 12:36 AM)Gobee129 Wrote: [ -> ]I cant really make much of that...

Sure you can. Just use it as an example and see what is different that shouldn't be.

Well the script is the same. ABout the php file:

>our mypage.php says

$template = <<<EOF
<html>
<head>
<title>My Page</title>
{$headerinclude}
</head>
<body>
{$header}
{$asb_left}
<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder">
	<thead>
		<tr>
			<td class="thead">
				<strong>My Page</strong>
			</td>
		</tr>
	</thead>
	<tbody>
		<tr>
			<td class="trow1">My content here.</td>
		</tr>
	</tbody>
</table><br />
{$asb_right}
{$footer}
</body>
</html>
EOF;

All that page styling is in my template, not in the php file. Does that make the difference?
Advanced Sidebox 2.0.6 Released (Available on GitHub Now)

Changes:
  • Improvements were made in the language system thanks to reports from Destroy666 and Tanweth
  • Tanweth helped to improve the Who's Online module's handling of avatars when maintaining the aspect ratio
  • The upgrade script was adjusted to catch a possible error with the default addon module's language thanks to reports from Tanweth
  • An error where it was impossible to save the Theme Exclude setting if it was empty at POST time was corrected thanks to a report from govindsinghnegi
  • Tanweth discovered an error in the module system that effected both radio and PHP setting types and it has been fixed

To upgrade, deactivate, overwrite and re-activate. Smile

I'd like to take a minute and show my appreciation for Destroy666 and Tanweth. Both of you have been a tremendous help and have provided thorough testing and much-needed counsel.

Thanks to you both Smile
You make me blush. Blush

Thanks to you for your constant hard work on making this awesome plugin better. I find it extremely useful, and At Home Polls definitely won't be the last plugin I develop that integrates with Advanced Sidebox. Big Grin
I did want to let Wildcard and other ASB users know that I have just released another MyBB plugin that integrates with Advanced Sidebox if you have it installed. It's called MySteam Powered, and it integrates features from Valve's Steam gaming client with MyBB, so it's especially useful if you run a gaming-related forum. This one is more complex than At Home Polls (my previous ASB module), so there is a MyBB plugin to activate whether or not you're using it with ASB. If you do have ASB, it will automatically install the ASB module for you when you install the MyBB plugin (though you'll still need to add it to one of the sides like any sidebox). Smile

You can check out the release thread here for more info.