MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Advanced Sidebox 2.1.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just trying out the version 2.1 (to test my module works) and have hit a couple of snags ....
if you add a sidebox the settings are not added to the dialog box, however if you add the settings via a database edit (add settings generated by v2.07 and replace the default '[]') and when you edit the sidebox the settings are there. is there a new method to add settings from a module in 2.1 or is the code expecting the new all the new tags (author etc) to be populated before the settings are imported into the database.

bug still exists in the function build_table_list() (installer.php) I have to add `around the database identifier
(2014-04-25, 12:23 PM)JimR Wrote: [ -> ]is there a new method to add settings from a module in 2.1 or is the code expecting the new all the new tags (author etc) to be populated before the settings are imported into the database.

We are still working through the changes for 2.1 and are in the middle of sorting some issues with the settings. You can follow the development on GitHub if you like.

(2014-04-25, 12:23 PM)JimR Wrote: [ -> ]bug still exists in the function build_table_list() (installer.php) I have to add `around the database identifier

You already reported this but I forgot to make an issue on GitHub. Will do that now sorry.
Some suggestions:
  • Instead of "action" and "page" fields for scripts just add support for "Input Key" and "Input Value". So we could use multiple input definitions like action=algo, page=otro, view=comments, etc.
  • The cache size could definitely get lower.
  • If administrators disable access to the /inc/ directory images/documentation is not loaded in ACP.
  • "Add new script" tab is selected while actually editing scripts.

Currently I'm trying to track down the reason for the 6~9 queries at portal to kill them without mercy Toungue
(2014-04-26, 05:29 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Instead of "action" and "page" fields for scripts just add support for "Input Key" and "Input Value". So we could use multiple input definitions like action=algo, page=otro, view=comments, etc.

Hmmm . . . not a bad idea. I'll consider this for 2.2

(2014-04-26, 05:29 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]The cache size could definitely get lower.

I tried to squeeze the life out of it but I only reduced it a small amount in 2.1 . . . will keep trying.

(2014-04-26, 05:29 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]If administrators disable access to the /inc/ directory images/documentation is not loaded in ACP.

Yes actually Jordan Mussi mentioned this in reference to one of my other plugins. I am going to change how I serve images in my plugins when I have time.

(2014-04-26, 05:29 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]"Add new script" tab is selected while actually editing scripts.

I don't understand what you mean. Screen shot?

(2014-04-26, 05:29 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Currently I'm trying to track down the reason for the 6~9 queries at portal to kill them without mercy Toungue

Big Grin Good luck.

Keep in mind that when you make changes in ACP to the side boxes, the first subsequent page load will see more queries because the cache is rebuilt-- future page loads should have a reduced amount of queries. In hindsight, there might be a better way to do that.

Thanks for the reports. I'll keep these in mind when I get back to the next minor point.
Hi Wildcard, could you considere my commit for the core? [a8ec0dcf54]

This will allow us to use Template Conditionals within the "Content:' for custom boxes for example.

Also, is it me or "Use Template" check-box for custom boxes does nothing? Or maybe it doesn't what I expected, because no matter if it is checked or not the side-box is still wrapped with the asb_wrapped_sidebox template at asb_build_sidebox_content().
(2014-04-26, 02:02 PM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]Keep in mind that when you make changes in ACP to the side boxes, the first subsequent page load will see more queries because the cache is rebuilt-- future page loads should have a reduced amount of queries. In hindsight, there might be a better way to do that.

Yes but the cache must be updated always within the ACP, I can't see any reason for the plugin to rebuild the cache at the front end, where query number actually matters.
(2014-04-27, 01:56 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Wildcard, could you considere my commit for the core? [a8ec0dcf54]

This will allow us to use Template Conditionals within the "Content:' for custom boxes for example.

It sounds good. Let me take a look at it and I will get back to you.

(2014-04-27, 01:56 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Also, is it me or "Use Template" check-box for custom boxes does nothing? Or maybe it doesn't what I expected, because no matter if it is checked or not the side-box is still wrapped with the asb_wrapped_sidebox template at asb_build_sidebox_content().

That was a problem with one version but I thought we squashed that . . . will give it a look. (which version are you using?)

(2014-04-27, 01:57 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Yes but the cache must be updated always within the ACP, I can't see any reason for the plugin to rebuild the cache at the front end, where query number actually matters.

That's what I mean by there is probably a better way to do it.

I just didn't want each and every change done in ACP to require a full cache build (for example simply moving a side box from the left to right column would require the entire cache to be rebuilt).
There is a way to fix it?
How does it move Huh

[Image: di-SO04.jpg]
I just noticed that the modules don't use get_inactive_forums() function, only get_unviewable_forums(true). So threads, posts, random quotes, etc. are shown if Forum is Active? checkbox is not selected in forum settings. But I think it's more like MyBB issue, because get_unviewable_forums(true) should consider get_inactive_forums() in my opinion.

Also, is the PHP/HTML in settings implemented? Wondering if it's possible to create something like JS peekers now.

Congratulations on joining MyBB team btw.

@maniek82, było już dużo razy w tym temacie, zmieniasz położenie sideboxów w opcjach skryptów (Manage Scripts), konkretnie Forumdisplay. Tu masz polskie tłumaczenie, może pomoże: https://forum.mybboard.pl/watek-mybb-szu...#pid207438
(2014-04-28, 11:38 AM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]But I think it's more like MyBB issue, because get_unviewable_forums(true) should consider get_inactive_forums() in my opinion.

Not really, just think about the search system, where users can search for content in inactive forums but never in the ones they can't view.

I think it makes sense to implement this in the latest threads/posts module bit what about the random quotes module? At the end of the day it is up to plugin authors how to handle this.