MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Scratchboard – Post your random admin/dev stuff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-12-23, 10:34 PM)maniacmusic Wrote: [ -> ]Awesome Euan! Keep up the good work.
Regarding the theme: I think you should focus more on making it easy for theme developers to implement and make the default template have a native look.

That's pretty much what I would say, a plugin should look the same as the default theme or only ship with the particular theme that it's made for.
Thanks for the feedback guys. I'll do the best I can in that case then. Might mean some more tables to get things to sit right, but theme authors can always change that Wink
Wasn't it supposed to be part of the UCP just like a replacement of the PM system?
It will be, but I wanted to construct the basic functionality first. Adding things like the User CP menu should be pretty easy later on.
(2013-12-23, 10:36 PM)Guy_de_Siguro Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-12-23, 10:34 PM)maniacmusic Wrote: [ -> ]Awesome Euan! Keep up the good work.
Regarding the theme: I think you should focus more on making it easy for theme developers to implement and make the default template have a native look.

That's pretty much what I would say, a plugin should look the same as the default theme or only ship with the particular theme that it's made for.

And this is how everyone here is forcing theme developers to use 10 years old html coding practices. Scrap tables for gods sake.
(2013-12-25, 08:33 PM)Deathbeam Wrote: [ -> ]And this is how everyone here is forcing theme developers to use 10 years old html coding practices. Scrap tables for gods sake.

Well theme developers could also just change the templates aswell... like in every other theme development area (Wordpress for example).
So about a year ago I came up with a concept profile for RCTgo that included user cover photos. Earlier this year I redesigned the profiles without the cover photos. Today I finally added in cover photos:

[Image: CoverPhotoProfile_small.png]

Cover photos are selected from the screenshots a user has uploaded to the downloads center. Seemed the simplest way to keep abuse to a minimum.
[Image: SelectCoverPhoto_small.png]
Very sexy Justin.

Some of my recent work (sorry for non-english language!)

(Click to enlarge)

[Image: thumb_pre_1392593078__wip.png]

Just finished integrating some Google Analytics stuff. All data from google, the data is cached so I dont get "cut off" by Google

http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/gap/mygap.php