MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Scratchboard – Post your random admin/dev stuff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I particularly like how you integrated the introductions section with the 'our latest member is' - that was genius. Needless to say, everything else looks great. I'm a fan of the single bar header (ala Twitter or Github). However, the overall header region feels a little too crowded to me. For a guest, I think it's acceptable, but would the big red rectangle be removed once you login?

Also, perhaps the 'join now' circle should be white? I think it may be overlooked since it's within a red area. The white would call for more attention and potentially lead users to signing up.
I can't exactly explain why, but that envelope icon looks really awkward to me...
(2012-12-20, 08:26 PM)Fábio Maia Wrote: [ -> ]I particularly like how you integrated the introductions section with the 'our latest member is' - that was genius. Needless to say, everything else looks great. I'm a fan of the single bar header (ala Twitter or Github). However, the overall header region feels a little too crowded to me. For a guest, I think it's acceptable, but would the big red rectangle be removed once you login?

Also, perhaps the 'join now' circle should be white? I think it may be overlooked since it's within a red area. The white would call for more attention and potentially lead users to signing up.

Red rectangle is gone once you log in and it's only present on the index page. Thanks for the feedback. I think coding this is gonna be a bit annoying haha

I don't know what to put in that last box. I was going to put info like Facebook, Twitter, etc. but I worry that grouping that with the forum boxes might be confusing ...

(2012-12-20, 08:27 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]I can't exactly explain why, but that envelope icon looks really awkward to me...

You're right. I'll play with it some more. Seems like it's floating in the middle fo nowhere.
I'll drop my irrelevant graphical opinion, but I'm actually a bigger fan of your previous design(s). This honestly does look great and if it were any other MyBB forum I would be flowering it with huge praise, but I prefer the unique beautiful design you had before. This design feels more like a magazine and too busy for my liking. For example, the welcome message at the top below "Welcomie to Harajuju" is just something I wouldn't read, as there's so much else going on around it I am just not attracted to it, where as your previous simple message on your previous design was perfect.

Huge fan of the welcome member part though, as Fabio said that is genius. I guess this just feels more commercial than it does communal.
Your feedback is definitely valuable Crayo, and I feel you on a lot of it.

Harajuju is still predominantly a community, but as a community about fashion it has to be heavily visual in order to appeal to the target audience. Right now, I don't feel the index page is really representative of what Harajuju is. It's still there, so just check it out for comparison. The same information is all there. It's simply the presentation that's being changed. I especially want to bring more focus to Haralooks and the Brand Directory, as these are the site's most unique and IMO most powerful features. The current index page is still very generic forum, even if it's been cleaned a bit.

I'm not totally pleased with the guest box myself. If you have any feedback on that I'd appreciate it.
Brad, do you have anything to show for the mobile theme? I'm curious to see what (if you've started yet) it looks like.
Sorry, I haven't worked on that so much yet Sad When I have more to share I definitely will!
No worries, just wondering.
Jeeeeez, that's looking sexy, Brad. I'm not a fan of the welcome message, but that's the only thing that bothers me.
Is it the text or the design that you don't like? Do you have any suggestions?