MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Scratchboard – Post your random admin/dev stuff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-04-30, 04:08 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]I still don't really understand losing like 30% of the page width to that menu. And the footer seems really out of place – why an image?

I agree with the footer image. I somewhat believe that the footer almost looks like what a header should/would look like for the theme.
The point of posting is for the welcome block not feedback on the footer. I cannot please everyone as much as everyone would like to. If you dont like it, don't buy it.
That kind of attitude isn't welcome in this thread. Keep it constructive.

The placement of a welcomeblock is dependent on pretty much everything else in the theme.
Attitude? Sheesh.

No wonder its a rarity for me to post anymore.

And what does everything else imply?
Literally everything. Since there's no header the welcomeblock has to go on the side, I guess, but why?

If you're posting a pic in here expect to get feedback, even if it wasn't what you were looking for.
Index page layout I'm considering. It isn't too different from the current version. I'm not sure the "Get Involved at RCTgo" part is necessary for logged in users...but I'm not sure what else could go there.

[Image: index_small.png]

Top bar for guests:
[Image: index_guest_small.png]
It looks really nice and clean from what I see. The guest message just looks... mildly odd... to me. My OCD is going off, but I don't know what for yet. It just feels like the message is in an awkward position, I guess. Almost like you compartmentalized the header too much?

But I am not sure if that's what my OCD is going off at. Toungue Well done, Justin.
(2013-05-02, 02:05 AM)Justin S. Wrote: [ -> ]Index page layout I'm considering. It isn't too different from the current version. I'm not sure the "Get Involved at RCTgo" part is necessary for logged in users...but I'm not sure what else could go there.

Sexy. The only thing I don't like about it is the nav bar. I feel like the color behind the words should be like... grey or something. The white is very distracting and it seems out of place to me. Otherwise, I love that theme and always have haha.
(2013-04-30, 03:22 PM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone have any ideas for a welcome block? I'd like to have it on the sidebar.

[[ IMAGE ]]

My idea would be to have a bar flush with the bottom of the Gene sidebar picture. On hover (or click) it could expose a popover menu of basic links to the right side.

(2013-04-30, 02:26 PM)Shade Wrote: [ -> ]Yet unfinished (need to change editor's images), but the concept is there. Using a custom version of SCEditor.

[Image: Schermata%2004-2456413%20alle%2015.43.26.png]

Click on the image to zoom.
How much will this theme cost? I am seriously considering buying it. I absolutely love it!
It's on his website, iDeviceLab. I don't think it's for sale.