MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Scratchboard – Post your random admin/dev stuff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: rYmD8GB.png]

A few people expressed interest in improved error messages, so we redesigned the internal error page for 1.8. New font, subtle border radius, and most obviously the color change.

Generally errors are denoted by the color red. We had a discussion about this internally and we feel changing the color doesn't take away the importance of the issue.
i thought everyone was more concerned with the generic error messages (you do not have permission to access this page etc.)
Yes, those are a total annoyance Sad
(2013-06-26, 11:34 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]i thought everyone was more concerned with the generic error messages (you do not have permission to access this page etc.)

Feel free to update them. Shy
I like the blue on the error page. Red is an error color, but it's also a color of stress, panic, etc. Like Chrome did, changing the color maintains the effect of the error, without being overly alarming.
Are there any demos for 1.8 posted? MyBBSecurity was removed.
(2013-06-27, 12:59 AM)Geret Wrote: [ -> ]Are there any demos for 1.8 posted? MyBBSecurity was removed.

You can install it locally. That way you can keep it updated as changes are made.
(2013-06-26, 11:56 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-06-26, 11:34 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]i thought everyone was more concerned with the generic error messages (you do not have permission to access this page etc.)

Feel free to update them. Shy

If you need someone to write them, if be happy to. If you need someone to develop the code ... eh.
I haven't looked in to it too much, but you'd need to add an optional argument to the error_no_permission() function, then switch through the different areas. And of course update each call site, respectively.

If you're looking to just write something up you can always write up the new help documents. They desperately need some attention. Smile
I think I know what I could work on now -- help docs.

What about assigning permissions to help docs? I know that makes it more advanced. But it gives the power to create documents that only appear to users that they're relevant to (ex: moderation functions, some perk to premium membership, etc.)