MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Scratchboard – Post your random admin/dev stuff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Haven't been around in ages. Great to see all the developments that's happening.

@Bey (Brad) -- I remember you from a long time ago with your Bey Blade forum. Glad that you've continued with MyBB and done some great changes to it.

I'm eager to get a testboard up to play around a bit with all of this!
wuddup scratchboard

[Image: sidebyside.png]
Looks like all your other designs, imho. :\ So nothing impressive at the moment. The color combination is also very iffy, the blue and the purple don't go together nice, they don't compliment each other. Your shadows are not well done either, they conflict way too much with the color, probably either take them out or reduce the opacity, I suggest taking them out though - you'd kind of have two different styles, design wise.

Either way, you'll probably get offended because I'm not saying this is fantastic but hey, no one is perfect and well you're here to get feedback. :\ But MY feedback is not appreciated, I guess.
I think the purple and navy work well together, but not the purple and light blue.

FMB, your response is unnecessarily provocative. Talk about a self-fulfilling prophecy.
(2013-05-28, 02:28 AM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]I think the purple and navy work well together, but not the purple and light blue.

FMB, your response is unnecessarily provocative. Talk about a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I thought about adjusting the tone a bit, I'll see what I can come up with.

As for FMB's response, it was expected I learned to ignore them.
Wasn't at all provocative - it's true. Any time I respond with critique, I get deleted just because people don't like to listen to it. Regardless, that is what I meant, that color of purple and blue, which is what we're seeing. My comments regarding the color were with what we were seeing, my favorite color combination is actually a very dark purple with a very nice shade of blue, which I always try to get away from, I use those colors too much.

But please tell me they don't look like all his other designs? My fiancé who knows NOTHING of designing said the same thing I did, he told me I was being unfair from what I said and after he saw he understood where I come from.
(2013-05-28, 02:48 AM)FullMetalBabe Wrote: [ -> ]Wasn't at all provocative - it's true. Any time I respond with critique, I get deleted just because people don't like to listen to it. Regardless, that is what I meant, that color of purple and blue, which is what we're seeing. My comments regarding the color were with what we were seeing, my favorite color combination is actually a very dark purple with a very nice shade of blue, which I always try to get away from, I use those colors too much.

But please tell me they don't look like all his other designs? My fiancé who knows NOTHING of designing said the same thing I did, he told me I was being unfair from what I said and after he saw he understood where I come from.

tl;dr all flat design looks the exact same i guess we all should just quit
anyone care to look at my dribbble and tell me it all looks the same?
(2013-05-28, 02:28 AM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]I think the purple and navy work well together, but not the purple and light blue.

This -- I like how the first image's blue goes with the purple, but not the blue on the forum.

The only other thing I would change personally is the font; I would probably use a serif or something less casual-looking.

Other than those two small things, I think the design is fantastic.
You're free to say that this design looks similar to his previous works – and I agree – but your post was just asking for a rebuttal. Let's please keep things civil in this thread. If you guys have a beef to hash out, do it somewhere else.
(2013-05-28, 02:50 AM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]i guess we all should just quit

Learning grammar, maybe... Website designing on the other hand, don't stop. It's better than what I could do.