MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Scratchboard – Post your random admin/dev stuff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just gonna drop this here, something I've been working on recently.

Original mockup: https://i.imgur.com/ng3m4bd.jpg
Light(Planned) Version: https://i.imgur.com/jC4amxw.jpg

Update 14/3 18/3
(2018-03-14, 03:10 PM)Harry K. Wrote:Current progress - Still a WIP, looking for feedback!
Index page
Forum display - Thoughts on the sidebar? Also, does anyone think that the pagination is too hard too find? I like the positioning, but I'm afraid it's not practical.
UserCP - Not a lot done, moved a few elements around and all icons(including modcp) are now fontawesome. I wanted to bring more attention to the "Referrals" section as I think this is a really looked past feature that is really useful for many different things.
Profile (User with no content / Banned user / Rep page)- I'm 50/50 with this. Either I like it, or I'm starting again.. I can't decide.  Dodgy Let me know what you think.
New Thread - To-do: Change editor theme design, re-design layout for a new "feel".
Postbit update - Nearly done.
OP & Development Thread
Reviving this thread with something I've been working on lately. Features an infinite scrolling feed with lazyloading content. I've always loved how easy it is to extend MyBB which makes it the software of choice for my community. Once it's finished I plan on creating a version for the mods site with optional packages for the plugins I use.

[Image: wIEmx7t.png]
(2018-11-11, 11:02 PM)NickGHQ Wrote: [ -> ]Reviving this thread with something I've been working on lately. Features an infinite scrolling feed with lazyloading content. I've always loved how easy it is to extend MyBB which makes it the software of choice for my community. Once it's finished I plan on creating a version for the mods site with optional packages for the plugins I use.

[Image: wIEmx7t.png]

Is this theme gonna be Free?
Nice to see this thread getting a revival, and looking good @NickGHQ. Not sure if it's just me, but the horizontal padding on the left between column 1 and 2 looks greater than that between column 2 and 3 - might just be my eyes, but it looks slightly odd.
(2018-11-15, 06:39 PM)DevLife Wrote: [ -> ]Is this theme gonna be Free?
The one I add to the mods site will be free yes.

(2018-11-17, 09:44 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Nice to see this thread getting a revival, and looking good @NickGHQ. Not sure if it's just me, but the horizontal padding on the left between column 1 and 2 looks greater than that between column 2 and 3 - might just be my eyes, but it looks slightly odd.

Thanks! The padding is different, I need to rewrite it so this doesn't happen but thanks for pointing it out. I'm not entirely happy with the post design anyway tbh
Reviving the thread because I need an advice. I am in the process of revamping my site's theme and it's almost done. However there are a couple of things bugging me out. Check the screenshots below:

[Image: hmyFGX1.png]

[Image: vGT1Vip.png]

I am not convinced about:
1) the cog, which opens up a dropdown with post options (edit, delete, etc.). It just doesn't fit, but I'm stuck deciding what would be the best way to show those buttons;
2) same as above, but for the two buttons below the forum title ("Mark this forum read" and "Subscribe to this forum"). Buttons are overkill, plain text looks a bit dull.

Any advice is appreciated.
Plain text is actually fine the way you have it there.

I think the function of these links is important so i would not put these kind of links into dropdown.
Basic, I know. It's a work in progress.  Wink

[Image: njeAdt0.png]
Very clean. Love it. The header and the footer are very nice being shown with the same style.
(2020-06-01, 04:09 PM)Darth Apple Wrote: [ -> ]Very clean. Love it. The header and the footer are very nice being shown with the same style.

Thank you. Smile

It's far from complete at the moment, but so far the index is fully responsive. I plan on using this as a template for future themes but I may also release it for free to the community.