MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Scratchboard – Post your random admin/dev stuff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm of the same mind, but I'm not on the development team. Hence why I'm creating a plugin to provide the feature.
Well, you have my complete gratitude for that.

Will look into MyAlerts.
Sad Suppose I will have to wait for Euantor release to see it is worth finishing mine.
The issue with threaded PMs in 1.8 is the conversion process. Something as destructive as this process should not be within a minor feature upgrade.
Fair enough. I'm not against trashing all my user's messages, but I can understand why you would be.
(2012-11-15, 04:39 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Fair enough. I'm not against trashing all my user's messages, but I can understand why you would be.

Maybe if PMs were replaced it could use the same functionality as download messages to save a backup for all users?

Anyways, really like what you've done with your site, though I'm not much into fashion so couldn't tell you how I feel about clothing listing and types related to that. x.x
(2012-11-15, 06:18 PM)Eric J. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-11-15, 04:39 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Fair enough. I'm not against trashing all my user's messages, but I can understand why you would be.

Maybe if PMs were replaced it could use the same functionality as download messages to save a backup for all users?

Yeah, this is my plan – make the "Download [Old] Messages" link prevalent for a while and then tuck it away somewhere.

Thanks Smile
This is just a little project I'm working on for the hell of it. It's not ever going to go live since it's not really a good idea I don't think, but I thought I'd try and build it anyways and maybe learn a thing or two along the way.

I'm trying to make a micro-blog type thing using MyBB. Something along the same lines of GetMeRated or DailyBooth. Oh, and yes, I know the theme is ugly and the icons don't match but right now I'm working on functionality more than design.

So instead of being welcomed by a set of forums, you arrive at a "live stream" of people's newest posts.
[Image: jkRcdnOlcDNCt.png]

On that part, I'm thinking about just getting rid of the blue bars and just giving the pictures a boarder.

Than a post looks like this.

[Image: jWv6gM58zZt7S.png]

I mean, so far everything is pretty simple and basic but I'm working on it.

Some things I'd like to do is:

1. Find a way to have a "Friends Feed", so you only see posts from people you've added to your buddy list.

2. Make the new thread page really simple. It doesn't need to have all those options, just a place to enter a comment and upload a picture. I'd get rid of the subject if I could figure out how to get around putting a subject in. Granted I haven't tried very hard to figure that out.

3. Add an upload image option to the quick reply page.

4. I forgot my four.

Like I said, not anything fantastic, but it's a project to keep myself busy with Toungue

EDIT: I stole a couple ideas from you, I hope you don't mind brad. Toungue
Playing about with some variations on leefish, I worked out how to add the editor buttons to ZingaBurga's Quick New Thread plugin - the question is, should I have this on forum display?

I think it looks sort of clunky and crowded - what do you guys think?

[attachment=27774]
^Maybe if you hide it and show it only if a button is clicked.