MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Scratchboard – Post your random admin/dev stuff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Facebook-esque wall. Not quite as good looking as I want it yet, but that should come soon.

[Image: 110.png]
Took most of the items out of the sidebar and put them in drop down boxes for easy sorting of the threads. It works really well actually, and sorting by hot topics is pretty cool. I'm thinking maybe I'll put a "most recent topics" from other places around the forum in the side bar.

http://i.minus.com/im7JbNGjOkDaV.png

Now I'm wondering if maybe the subject would look better if it wasn't overlaid over the image and just over the message body.

http://i.minus.com/ibwYtrMoQHf0M6.png
This is my quick take on what you've shown, wethegreenpeople. Of course it's very rough (things misaligned, borders are too dark, not enough padding for the text -- and I'd like to see the text justified when it comes to excerpts).

[Image: 6hRy4td.png]
Hmm that looks pretty awesome tecca.

So you'd just take the thread info out completely? Like the author and whatnot? I do like how clean it looks...
Yeah, I figure the reader doesn't need to know any of that information until the article/thread has been opened. All of the information can then be laid out there. Though a comment/post count could be added as well, since that's the type of information people may want to see right away -- "is there any discussion on this article?"
Some really quick edits to the threads: http://i.minus.com/iK80raWPVT63Q.png

The article legend would be pretty much useless this way, but I left it as a placeholder :p
I personally am not a fan of the titles on the images. Doesn't look good and the styling isn't the best. I think you're headed in a good direction but it needs improvements.
(2013-08-12, 04:39 PM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]I personally am not a fan of the titles on the images. Doesn't look good and the styling isn't the best. I think you're headed in a good direction but it needs improvements.

Do you not like the subjects on the images at all, or do you just not like the way I've styled them?

If you don't like the way I've styled them, how do you think they could be improved? I'm thinking I probably need to change the font, since it seems a bit bulky, but other then that I don't know.
(2013-08-14, 02:36 PM)wethegreenpeople Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-08-12, 04:39 PM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]I personally am not a fan of the titles on the images. Doesn't look good and the styling isn't the best. I think you're headed in a good direction but it needs improvements.

Do you not like the subjects on the images at all, or do you just not like the way I've styled them?

If you don't like the way I've styled them, how do you think they could be improved? I'm thinking I probably need to change the font, since it seems a bit bulky, but other then that I don't know.

I don't think I like them at all, not sure about how they can be executed.
I'm running out to pick a few things up when I get back if I still remember I'll restyle it in PS and see what I can come up with, ok? Smile
Thatd be awesome, thank you Jason. Actually thank you both tecca and Jason, you guys have been really helpful.