MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Scratchboard – Post your random admin/dev stuff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just did that, thanks for the suggestion Smile
Why is there no close button inside the modals? You can click outside of the modal to close it, but it's always a good idea to add a small "x" button.
I really don't think it needs a close button. It's fairly obvious that you can click out of it to close.
It's more of an aesthetic pleasure to add a close button. Newbies may wonder initially, and it makes modal look complete in my opinion. Wink
(2013-04-05, 01:48 PM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]It's more of an aesthetic pleasure to add a close button. Newbies may wonder initially, and it makes modal look complete in my opinion. Wink

I agree sometimes I forget I just have to click outside the modal myself Toungue.
Fair enough. it's up to Brad in the end Toungue And here's some OC from me.

A quick sneak peek at FollowMe's profile area on a stock MyBB install:

[Image: 12k7hxv.png]

[Image: JzSCDcs.png]

And also a look at my new new thread page:

[Image: Z5wUHrN.png]
Is that some new plugin? How does it work? Just curious to know, I've coded a similar one for UB and planning to integrate with MyAlerts. Is the alert integration still working? Smile
I did intentionally remove the close button. I don't think it's that useful. It's true that it's largely an aesthetic choice on my part, though. I'll consider it.

Maybe you guys can help me with this – I'm pretty happy with my modal box except for the forgot password thing because it offers no prompt on if the new password has been sent to you, it just refreshes to the index. Does anyone have an idea on what I can do here (that doesn't involve enabling "friendly" redirects globally)?
(2013-04-05, 02:01 PM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]Is that some new plugin? How does it work? Just curious to know, I've coded a similar one for UB and planning to integrate with MyAlerts. Is the alert integration still working? Smile

It is, yes. It's something I'm working on just now Smile It's going to be fully integrated with MyAlerts and will offer a newsfeed of activity from followed users Smile
Sounds interesting. What activity? Newthread? And what others? Sounds exciting. I might dump my own if yours pleases me. Smile

I've been wanting to refurnish my plugin since long but cannot exactly get hold of some time.