MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Scratchboard – Post your random admin/dev stuff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Man, if they can't get you for one thing they'll get you for another.
Chill. Don't respond to stupid remarks.

Ben, you've never contributed anything useful to this thread – please consider your future posts more carefully.
[Image: tunecomm.png]

Proposed new color and revised shadows.
Way better. A few pain points:

The welcome banner needs work. The clear buttons aren't good, the typography is a bit weird due to the logo being a different font – especially the exclamation mark at the end. I'm not even sure you need the logo in there since it's literally right above it. Why not a brief tagline about what the community actually is, instead?

Also, the comma in that tagline doesn't work. Needs to be a period or an exclamation mark. Maybe a semi-colon?

"Thanks for visiting; would you like to:"

"Post Counts" is a weird title, and that whole piece could be better presented, I think.
(2013-05-28, 08:59 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Way better. A few pain points:

The welcome banner needs work. The clear buttons aren't good, the typography is a bit weird due to the logo being a different font – especially the exclamation mark at the end. I'm not even sure you need the logo in there since it's literally right above it. Why not a brief tagline about what the community actually is, instead?

Also, the comma in that tagline doesn't work. Needs to be a period or an exclamation mark. Maybe a semi-colon?

"Thanks for visiting; would you like to:"

"Post Counts" is a weird title, and that whole piece could be better presented, I think.

Took your suggestions into account and updated the pic. Thanks Brad Smile.
I think - that the "lets get to know you who you are, would you like to" is ok for the register, but a little odd for the login - as they are a valued community member if they are logging in and a member you already know who they are....

I would suggest "REGISTER or LOGIN" << the boxes

and under that "to find great deals" or "to join the discussion" or "to meet other whatevers".

Something like that. Sorry to be unclear.
(2013-05-28, 11:21 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]I think - that the "lets get to know you who you are, would you like to" is ok for the register, but a little odd for the login - as they are a valued community member if they are logging in and a member you already know who they are....

I would suggest "REGISTER or LOGIN" << the boxes

and under that "to find great deals" or "to join the discussion" or "to meet other whatevers".

Something like that. Sorry to be unclear.

Hmm ok. Good ideas. One moment Smile

Updated the photo. Thanks Lee! Smile
It's getting there. my suggestion:

THE WORLD'S #1 IMPORT DISCUSSION FORUM
Connect with other tuners. Attend awesome meet-ups. Save money.

[Sign Up] or [Log in]

Also, you should make both buttons the same width so they center properly.
(2013-05-29, 12:12 AM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]It's getting there. my suggestion:

THE WORLD'S #1 IMPORT DISCUSSION FORUM
Connect with other tuners. Attend awesome meet-ups. Save money.

[Sign Up] or [Log in]

Also, you should make both buttons the same width so they center properly.

Thanks for the suggestions Smile. They've been taken into account and the photo has been updated again.
The apostrophe isn't optional!