MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Scratchboard – Post your random admin/dev stuff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
New thread page:

[Image: new_thread_small.png]

Attachments are hidden initially if there aren't any uploaded.

One thing I'd like some feedback on is how to arrange the post thread / preview post / save draft buttons. Not particularly fond of this setup but I haven't thought of a different way to do it that would look better.
(2013-04-13, 08:09 PM)Justin S. Wrote: [ -> ]New thread page:

[Image: new_thread_small.png]

Attachments are hidden initially if there aren't any uploaded.

One thing I'd like some feedback on is how to arrange the post thread / preview post / save draft buttons. Not particularly fond of this setup but I haven't thought of a different way to do it that would look better.

Perhaps this? I'm no UX guy though, I don't know how it'd look finished.

[Image: 12NG2.jpeg]
Alternatively, try shifting the "Upload Attachments" as is to the left, and the buttons up half way.
Looks nice but the editor itself doesn't fit in much at all. A darker color for the background would be much better.
I think the preview and draft buttons are in a sort of odd position.
(2013-04-13, 08:38 PM)Zash Wrote: [ -> ]Alternatively, try shifting the "Upload Attachments" as is to the left, and the buttons up half way.

I'm not sure this'll work - the upload attachments tab goes away once you click it. Would probably look good initially but not once you have files attached.

(2013-04-13, 08:44 PM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]Looks nice but the editor itself doesn't fit in much at all. A darker color for the background would be much better.

Yeah, I need to redesign the editor. The editor theme there is just the one I currently have in use and it's a few years old.

(2013-04-13, 08:58 PM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]I think the preview and draft buttons are in a sort of odd position.

From my post....
Quote:One thing I'd like some feedback on is how to arrange the post thread / preview post / save draft buttons. Not particularly fond of this setup but I haven't thought of a different way to do it that would look better.
Quote:
(2013-04-13, 08:58 PM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]I think the preview and draft buttons are in a sort of odd position.

From my post....
Quote:One thing I'd like some feedback on is how to arrange the post thread / preview post / save draft buttons. Not particularly fond of this setup but I haven't thought of a different way to do it that would look better.
Sorry. I failed to read that. Maybe making the post button a bit wider, break preview and save onto a new line and shorten the names to "Preview" and "Save Draft", and aligning the two below the post button?
Perhaps put the two buttons up with the post options, under the subscriptions, use a hr or something like that and then the two buttons. Make the text area a bit longer and you are done.

If you are interested I have a black editor set up for the mybb editor.It has new images to look nicer on black, though I was tempted to go with a rewrite using a css font thing like font awesome.
(2013-04-13, 10:36 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps put the two buttons up with the post options, under the subscriptions, use a hr or something like that and then the two buttons. Make the text area a bit longer and you are done.

That's a really good idea.
Maybe do it like Tumblr?

[Image: cfLil2p.png]
[Image: Y3II1Vs.png]