MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Scratchboard – Post your random admin/dev stuff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2012-12-17, 03:36 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]http://blackcanvas.net/Forum-Abstract-Art-Gallery

I would add 4 threads to the default thread listing length so it fills up evenly(edit: never mind didn't think about different screen/window sizes when posting this Toungue). I thought there weren't anymore since it just stopped. Also for something like that I would look into ajax loading as you scroll down (think it would work great for that).
(2012-12-17, 07:53 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-12-17, 03:36 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]http://blackcanvas.net/Forum-Abstract-Art-Gallery

I would add 4 threads to the default thread listing length so it fills up evenly(edit: never mind didn't think about different screen/window sizes when posting this Toungue). I thought there weren't anymore since it just stopped. Also for something like that I would look into ajax loading as you scroll down (think it would work great for that).

Yes, the different screen sizes do make it hard to get it all to line up - I currently have it at 20 per page (have to think load times as well...) though the optimum number to cover most screen sizes is 60 images (OMG). I have a max width on the container so it can't get wider than 6. I think AJAX loading would be awesome too, but it would have to be server side (rewrite the forumdisplay.php(?) or a javascript fudge, but I am avoiding running any jQuery on that site as I am trying to keep page load times down.

Roll on 1.8, until then, no JQ, and my prototype scripty is not that good.
Inspired by this thread I have been working on some simple banners to send out to other sites as part of a link exchange initiative. here is what I have so far:

Small banner:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=28054]

BIG banner:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=28057]

I can make a smaller banner still by chopping off the images on the right.

Thoughts on design?
(2012-12-18, 11:46 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Thoughts on design?

[Image: 6nTAF.png]

^^ This is what I see, though I can see the image tags in the quote... Weird.
Ok, weird. Will upload and edit post above yours.
Big fan of both of them. I can't really give decent cnc as I'm graphic-illiterate, but from what I can see they look great.
Wow, you guys do some fancy stuff Confused can't compete with that, I'm not much of a designer.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=28055]

I added a new button to the editor today which turns romaji into Japanese kana characters. So people can at least use kana when they're in a internet cafe or at a friends computer which isn't set up for typing Japanese. It doesn't do kanji because that's a BIT more complicated. Rolleyes
Finished creating my first 100% working contact form from scratch (lol) with jQuery and PHP validation. Didn't quit this time and stop working on it half way through when I got frustrated which is nice.

http://dynaxel.com/contact.php

[Image: dws3n9.jpg]
@ Frostschutz - You can edit the editor and make it do what you want - I think I would rather be able to do that than make Photoshop dingetjes. So what does it do? It converts latin text to Japanese syllabary? How cool.

@Jessie - loving the design - is that to match a theme? Very fresh and cool.
Lee, the logotype itself is really nice, but I'm not sure about the cut-off effect. I get what you're trying to do, but I'm not sure it works in the context of a stand alone banner. Try adding some shadows to the edges?

Really impressed by the romaji thing frostschutz.

Here's my WIP new index page. Click for full size.

[Image: kYGuyl.jpg]