MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Scratchboard – Post your random admin/dev stuff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-06-23, 01:45 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Looks cool Jovan - very chunky Big Grin

Haha, thanks Big Grin
(2013-06-19, 12:21 PM)maniacmusic Wrote: [ -> ]My WIP template: OpenSkin
http://i.imgur.com/iG51mEq.png
You can't really see all the features that make this responsive, bootstrap based template great, however the theme it comes with, "OpenSkin Basic" , is supposed to have a very "general" and simple style. I figured the edges might be too soft. On my laptop which has a crappy screen it's hard to see, on my desktop I'm happy with how it looks though. Would be great to get some input from the fellow designers, thanks. Smile
[Image: iG51mEq.png]
No one said a word about my theme Sad
I hope it's just because people don't like clicking links - so yeah. Feedback appreciated. Smile
PS: It's going to be Open Source.
Heck, I know how you feel re no comments. Maybe it's cos there is nothing positive to say on my theme?

Anyway, onto your theme, it looks very plain and clean and is hopefully easy to style. Looks good so far, though maybe a little bit IPB/XF...
It looks nice but it just looks like Twitter Bootstrap was thrown over XenForo..
@Jason, well, the Bootstrap look and Xenforo both seem to be very popular, so maybe that is a positive?
(2013-06-23, 03:40 PM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]It looks nice but it just looks like Twitter Bootstrap was thrown over XenForo..

It's kind of what I was going for.
I feel the forum layout is a taste thing and personally I really like the XF layout but I might also write a tutorial on how to achieve the IPB look.

To style-ability: This is a alternative base template, open source with nice semantic HTML5.
My priority is the ability to theme it easily and clever,
and even after I release it I will continue to improve this.
I will also integrate Eric's style variable plugin.
Why do people put the member list on the top menu? Why do we include this at all, in fact? Do people actually use this? What's the user case for it?
(2013-06-23, 07:24 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Why do people put the member list on the top menu? Why do we include this at all, in fact? Do people actually use this? What's the user case for it?

I generally expect the nav to be changed by the admin/designer to their needs.
Essentially it's functional dummy content, I wouldn't let it like that on my own forums.
Some people might want to put all those links into one "Community" drop down - or whatever.
I think I should leave the decision of what MyBB pages are linked in the header to the users.
I'm not criticizing haha, just seems to be one of those things that admins do without really thinking about why. I just thought of it because both the designs just posted in this topic have it featured in the top menu.
I guess it's just one of those "must have" forum-software-features.