MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Scratchboard – Post your random admin/dev stuff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Still in WIP.

[Image: wofmxo.png]
New emails for Asperger's Network. While not entirely my work (yet) - and while this is from a template, I've modified it slightly (note mild gradient).

<<See Euan's post below>>

I welcome opinions on how to make these look betterer.
Image doesn't work for me.
Looks like another problem with our HTTPS proxy. Here's the actual image:

[Image: J9xh8WB.png]
(2016-08-26, 09:07 AM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like another problem with our HTTPS proxy. Here's the actual image:

[Image: J9xh8WB.png]

Thanks.
Looks fine to me. I mean, it's not a particularly stunning email or anything but I can appreciate the clarity of it. I think the biggest issue is that "Password Reset" overshadows so immensely the source (Asperger's Network) that I wouldn't even notice it at first.

Also, "Forgotten password reminder" is a strange subject. It's not a reminder since it was sent at the user's request immediately. Something like "reset your password"?
(2016-08-26, 11:47 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Looks fine to me. I mean, it's not a particularly stunning email or anything but I can appreciate the clarity of it. I think the biggest issue is that "Password Reset" overshadows so immensely the source (Asperger's Network) that I wouldn't even notice it at first.

Also, "Forgotten password reminder" is a strange subject. It's not a reminder since it was sent at the user's request immediately. Something like "reset your password"?

It's not designed to be "stunning"; it's designed to be clear and concise.

I agree, on reflection: the subject is just strange. I very quickly typed that up, so I had a reference point. I'm not convinced that "Reset your password" is the best subject either, as that's what the page is that sends the emails is called...

The emails show in your designated client as from Asperger's Network, so I'm not so worried about over-shadowing.
(2016-08-27, 01:08 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-08-26, 11:47 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Looks fine to me. I mean, it's not a particularly stunning email or anything but I can appreciate the clarity of it. I think the biggest issue is that "Password Reset" overshadows so immensely the source (Asperger's Network) that I wouldn't even notice it at first.

It's not designed to be "stunning"; it's designed to be clear and concise.

I agree, on reflection: the subject is just strange. I very quickly typed that up, so I had a reference point. I'm not convinced that "Reset your password" is the best subject either, as that's what the page is that sends the emails is called...

If you filled out a form called "reset your password", an email saying "reset your password" seems like exactly what you'd expect to get.

As for the first part: you don't need to interpret everything as criticism, since it wasn't. But obviously it limits how much we can discuss about it.
Sorry; I speed read your response as I'm at an expo at ththat moment and in doing so read it as disappointment. I will read your responses more carefully in future. I'll have a bit of a fiddle and re-post it and see how we go.

Yes; I take criticism hard - but when you've put in so many hours into something it's hard not to as I'm sure you appreciate.
What about "Continue Your Password Reset", or "Complete Your Password Reset" if you don't want your users to feel there are still more steps ahead.