MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Scratchboard – Post your random admin/dev stuff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm really impressed, brad. That's amazing.
(2012-12-20, 09:17 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]@Jessie - loving the design - is that to match a theme? Very fresh and cool.

Thanks, Lee! Smile And no, it's just part of the minimalistic design I was implementing.
Thanks for the feedback guys, good and bad. Always open to suggestions as usual. Sharing ideas here has been a great help for me, and I hope others. Really glad I started this thread.
(2012-12-22, 02:20 AM)Tecca Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-12-22, 02:16 AM)wethegreenpeople Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-12-21, 11:43 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Yup, I did a mosaic at first, but the images need to be pretty big in the first place or they are quite horrible if scaled.

Oh really? That's too bad, mosaic galleries look awesome. I just couldn't figure out how to incorporate all the javascript and whatnot. I might give it a go some other time just for the heck of it.

Right now I'm trying to figure out how to the threads message to show in the box....

You mean show an excerpt on the forumdisplay underneath your images? Look back a few pages, Leefish posted the plugin that can handle that.

Yeah, that's what I mean.

And are you talking about the tooltip plugin thing? I saw that, but I'm not exactly sure if I understand what she did to make work properly. I'll check it out though, thanks.
I went with Tecca's suggestion and used thread tooltips to get the thread message to display, that works nicely aside from the problem of it stretching out the images.

Now I'm trying to decide if I like the images smaller and a little more uniform (it resizes the images horribly).

Or bigger and a little more clunky. The images resize better this way.
Looks interesting. You may be interested in checking out Masonry and Isotope.
(2012-12-28, 06:40 PM)Fábio Maia Wrote: [ -> ]Looks interesting. You may be interested in checking out Masonry and Isotope.

I saw those before, I couldn't figure out how to make them work though, so I just did it with CSS/html.

I think I'm going to try and do it again though because that would make everything work better and look nicer.
I tried Masonry and liked it a lot - for a combination of text and images the Tumblr layout worked well, but for pure image galleries I did not like how the images blurred so badly.
Images are not supposed to blurr using Masonry unless you added an effect.
Yeah, my images aren't blurring. Are you sure you aren't stretching the thumbnail beyond its original dimensions?

I couldn't get Masonry JS version working Sad I assume it's a Javascript confict. Vanilla works but it's missing some nice features.