MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Scratchboard – Post your random admin/dev stuff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A preview of our Style Properties for MyBB/Flex. ^.^

[Image: iblBIFkdbdpefb.png]
Just awesome man. Something MyBB should definitely have by default, but will make customizing a snap.
Thanks Mike, was made possible by Rida. He's done a great job with it.
After months away from MyBB (and forum stuff in general) I started to go a bit nuts and decided to play around a bit. This isn't a live forum, just been playing around on my localhost copy of MyBB trying a few new things. Will likely end up using this on a new forum though as I do miss doing all this.

So far I've modified the forum index, as I generally don't like the way they are and have always wanted to try something different.

[Image: VCIPShAm.jpg]
I really like the idea, but visually it's really chaotic.
And one more screen:

[Image: ibdEWKJq8bFzmY.png]

I want to explain a little about how these would work. Let's say the default value is set to #CCC. You could then go into your CSS/Templates and do something like this:

body {
color: {$wedevign->main['body_color']};
}

('main' being the style group and 'body_color' being the variable name)

and the value from then on could be adjusted in the style properties system. You could reuse this variable as many times as needed in the code so that just one simple change can become very powerful. They can be used for lots of things, such as font families, logo text, global border radius, global backgrounds, etc. to really simplify the admin's job. ^.^
And how are the variables imported? i.e. I buy Flex, is it uploaded via the .xml or another solution?
@YoshiOlly I agree with Brad, seems like you got a nice idea but at this points it looks really "confusing" (for the lack of a better word).
(2013-06-17, 02:39 AM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]And how are the variables imported? i.e. I buy Flex, is it uploaded via the .xml or another solution?
I believe we're going to include it in the actual theme XML, but we've discussed a few options such as JSON. Not entirely sure on that yet.
(2013-06-17, 01:45 AM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]I really like the idea, but visually it's really chaotic.

(2013-06-17, 02:43 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]@YoshiOlly I agree with Brad, seems like you got a nice idea but at this points it looks really "confusing" (for the lack of a better word).

Yeah I wasn't really sure how to do it. I wanted to have the two main sections stand out and be the focus, but I'm not too sure how to do that while keeping everything fitting together.

At first I had all four sections all lined up, I've gone back to that for now as I think it's better and easier to work off

[Image: Ec1L29Om.jpg]