MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Scratchboard – Post your random admin/dev stuff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
yes, that. injects inline styling
!important
(2013-04-09, 02:31 AM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Depends on the site. I'm way more inclined to read the last post if the last poster is someone I find interesting, generally.

Also, does anyone know which Javascript injects sizes into the message editors and consequently how to get it to STOP DOING THAT

I think it does indeed depend on the site and what stage posting activity is at. For example, if the threads are being made by different people and a lot of the answers are being made by the same person then I leave off last post avatars and keep the thread starter; if all the threads are being made by the same person with answers by many users then I do the reverse.

Re the post editors, you can find what is being "set" in the general and threads js. I usually sort out the size so:

div.messageEditor {width:540px!important;}
I'm just going to hijack this thread for a moment, though this will probably take a LOT longer than that to type out - And I'm likely to balls up spelling here somewhere - I'll jsut proof read.

Today, I embark on a large project - I am starting on "RailCorp Armchair", A game that has been tossing around in my head for the last 8 months, and that has been mentioned here multiple times in the past. I am using the MyBB alpha to build it, because it is likely that it will need modification to work effectively but it will contain the following:

- Forums (Powered by MyBB 1.7, at the moment. I'll be updating as the alpha goes on).
- Game (Module, Powered by a MyBB backend, to authenticate, etc.)
- Wiki (Module, Community involved, MyBB backend for Authentication)
- Landing page (Module, editable through the ACP of Mybb, and powered by MyBB, similar to portal.php - but without the crap.)

I'll post updates and progress as it evolves.
(2013-04-09, 03:34 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]I'm just going to hijack this thread for a moment, though this will probably take a LOT longer than that to type out - And I'm likely to balls up spelling here somewhere - I'll jsut proof read.

Today, I embark on a large project - I am starting on "RailCorp Armchair", A game that has been tossing around in my head for the last 8 months, and that has been mentioned here multiple times in the past. I am using the MyBB alpha to build it, because it is likely that it will need modification to work effectively but it will contain the following:

- Forums (Powered by MyBB 1.7, at the moment. I'll be updating as the alpha goes on).
- Game (Module, Powered by a MyBB backend, to authenticate, etc.)
- Wiki (Module, Community involved, MyBB backend for Authentication)
- Landing page (Module, editable through the ACP of Mybb, and powered by MyBB, similar to portal.php - but without the crap.)

I'll post updates and progress as it evolves.

...ok?
(2013-04-09, 03:36 AM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]...ok?

Is that not what this thread is for?

MyBB Scratchboard – Post your random admin/dev stuff
(2013-04-09, 03:43 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-09, 03:36 AM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]...ok?

Is that not what this thread is for?

MyBB Scratchboard – Post your random admin/dev stuff

Ok, so you make a post saying you're using MyBB for a game based around 1.7? That's it? What did you expect us to say? Maybe if you even told us a few words about what the game even is?
(2013-04-09, 02:54 AM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]!important

Probably the easiest solution. Thanks.

Also, Ben, you could only think that your post was appropriate for this thread if you'd never actually read this thread. Your pie-in-the-sky ideas aren't contributing much here. If you actually get it in development/working, feel free to post about it.
(2013-04-09, 03:45 AM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]If you actually get it in development/working, feel free to post about it.

It is in development - I'm switching tabs between here and there - There isn't much to show as yet since I've just started.

Hopefully I'll have something to show in a couple of hours.
I can't imagine you would have anything interesting to show in a couple of hours of development of something like this. We'll see.