MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Scratchboard – Post your random admin/dev stuff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, I abandoned the quick thread, but I am really having a problem breaking out of my "pattern". This is my current work in process theme...

It looks really boring and I can't think how to jazz it up.
Ohhh, what's this then?
It's really boring - I considered starting a support site JUST for modding MyBB, so I could get all the code stuff OFF leefish and focus leefish on sims.

However - it has an image on the body background. I quite like it actually.
It's interesting for me.

I agree the theme is not really strong, though. Maybe design isn't your strength. Everyone has their own strengths and weaknesses. I could not create plugins like you haha
I am totally useless at design. I try, but I like things to be very plain and am actually quite scared to post my themes in process in case I get annihilated by all the GOOD themers.
If you're really trying people will give you honest feedback.
Well, of course I am really trying.

I don't mind honest feedback, and I don't care about praise sandwiches, but I think that sometimes it can all get a bit aggressive in the work in process themes areas Big Grin This is my hobby, I do it to have fun and so I tend to hurry away from conflict.
If you ever get a forum like that off the ground, I'll join it. /somewhat offtopic
I don't think the WIP threads get really aggressive, it's all about the author's attitude. If you get really defensive about feedback then yeah, things can go sour. This thread is a space to post whatever, though. So feel free.
(2012-11-19, 04:00 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I abandoned the quick thread, but I am really having a problem breaking out of my "pattern". This is my current work in process theme...

It looks really boring and I can't think how to jazz it up.

Alright, since you ok'd it, I'll give some feedback on it:

The header seems really large, probably a little too large. I'd decrease the size of the image in the logo (The gear/cog) as well as the HTML/CSS/PHP to make the name stand out more. Also the controls on the right should be centered with the header (Vertically). The ACP and MCP also seem to come down more than the other buttons, but it's a shrunk image so I can't tell if that's intentional. I'd also suggest changing the color of the text shadow in the thead to something just a little darker than the thead background itself.

That's all I've really go for now, and if I had to pick my favorite part about it, I'd pick the colors. Smile imo keep those