MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Scratchboard – Post your random admin/dev stuff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thanks Brad.

I have been avoiding most of your posts because I am trying to style the showthread and forumdisplay_threadlist (subscriptions, add topic, that sort of thing) and I don't want to be too influenced by your work. I get the nasty feeling though that I am going to come out with a very similar look
Sad

Not that that is a bad look, I just wanted to try and make my own thing, you know?
[Image: Schermata%2012-2456278%20alle%2015.22.54.png]

MyAlerts Moderation Alerts Pack in action within my updated WIP Forum. Blush Will both shortly be available (I'm looking at you, euantor!)
Looks awesome Shade Smile Loving the use of the CSS checkbox hack.
Led I wouldn't worry about that. We are all here to learn from each other. Your growth in design is really impressive!
Thanks Brad. I am aiming for a chunky look on this site and trying to keep it fairly sleek.

I just redid the gallery layout using the new thumbnail crop feature in XThreads. I think that was your suggestion Brad? Thanks for it, I like how it looks.

http://blackcanvas.net/Forum-Abstract-Art-Gallery

now busy working on alignment.
(2012-12-16, 07:15 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Led I wouldn't worry about that. We are all here to learn from each other. Your growth in design is really impressive!

... and yet I get no comments? D:
awww, sorry Stingreay Sad

You were the chap who was turning the portal theme red? I did see it - portal is a really nice theme, but I did think the text shadow you had on the header was very heavy. The other thing I noticed was that there is a slight issue with the background image on the welcome block - see that thin white line?

I did really like the red colour you had chosen - it was a good tone - but maybe rather than having black thead text with a white text shadow go with a white or offwhite-grey color? That way the text shadow would look a little more like a soft glow.
(2012-12-17, 03:44 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]awww, sorry Stingreay Sad

You were the chap who was turning the portal theme red? I did see it - portal is a really nice theme, but I did think the text shadow you had on the header was very heavy. The other thing I noticed was that there is a slight issue with the background image on the welcome block - see that thin white line?

I did really like the red colour you had chosen - it was a good tone - but maybe rather than having black thead text with a white text shadow go with a white or offwhite-grey color? That way the text shadow would look a little more like a soft glow.

There's obviously still a lot of work to be done -- I'll be tearing my hair out when if comes time to do the on.gifs. XD I got a bit of feedback from one of other admins who said that the red was a bit too saturated, but I liked it so I'll keep a copy of those two images for myself. XD

Regarding the white line -- I need to get the source image from Shadow again so I can fix that. XD
(2012-12-17, 03:36 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Brad. I am aiming for a chunky look on this site and trying to keep it fairly sleek.

I just redid the gallery layout using the new thumbnail crop feature in XThreads. I think that was your suggestion Brad? Thanks for it, I like how it looks.

http://blackcanvas.net/Forum-Abstract-Art-Gallery

now busy working on alignment.

I didn't know he had integrated it! I'm happy now!
I didn't get any comments either but it's long gone now rofl.